Seven years strong: Mark Cross’ Charity Darts Day is back - with auction lots including a boxing glove signed by heavyweight champion Anthony Joshua
- Credit: Archant
A Liverpool shirt signed by the entire 2005 Champions League winning squad, a Manchester United 1996 FA Cup final shirt signed by Eric Cantona and a framed Michael van Gerwen darts shirt are among selection of items up for grabs at this year’s Charity Darts Day, held by March man Mark Cross.
Gerwen darts shirt are among selection of items up for grabs at this year’s Charity Darts Day, held by March man Mark Cross.
Brave policeman Mark battled and beat breast cancer after being diagnosed in 2009 and ever since receiving the all clear has raised a staggering £36,329 for the Oncology Department at Peterborough City Hospital that saved his life.
The money raised has so far purchased an ultra sound machine for the Chemotherapy Department, comfortable chairs to enhance the treatment of both chemotherapy and radiotherapy patients, nurses have enjoyed training courses that they otherwise would not have been able to attend and funding the purchase of two Sky Ceilings for a view of a summer sky whilst patients lay on their backs for prolonged periods of time for treatment.
Last year’s event raised £6,000 which has funded a radiotherapy trials radiographer so the hospital can improve their recruitment into radiotherapy clinical trials.
Attendees can look forward to a range of darts games including cricket triples, pairs (darts players teamed up with non-darts players) and singles when doors open at 11.30am, and the draws for the competitions taking place at 1pm on Saturday March 11.
The day will include a tombola, grand auction and draw.
- 1 Man suffers injuries after A142 morning crash
- 2 £14.6m school transformation complete after two-year project
- 3 WATCH: Emotional tribute to honour and remember crash victim
- 4 Car travelled wrong way down A1 before triple fatal crash, say police
- 5 Mini-convoy marks funeral of 'kind-hearted' lorry driver
- 6 Suspected poachers caught in farmyard raid as cops crackdown continues
- 7 5 suspects identified from New Year's Eve attack
- 8 Wife pays tribute to ex-footballer who 'I could always rely on'
- 9 Jury challenged to consider 'substantial body of evidence' pointing to Rikki's killer
- 10 Council leader pledges 'we'll hold This Land to account'
All of the eight dartboards have already been sponsored, but if anyone would like to donate a prize please contact Mark Cross on 01354 658343/07790 845456 or alternatively email email@example.com.