Seventeen-year-old Stuart becomes top student at Wisbech Taekwon-do school
TEENAGER Stuart Murat has become the highest ranking student at the Carter School of Taekwon-do in Wisbech., after earning his 3rd degree black belt.
Seventeen-year-old Stuart - who has successfully completed 13 gradings in 10 years - won the belt after a gruelling 4.5 hour seminar and grading by 7th degree Taekwon-do Master David Dykes from Hereford.
Looking on was Stuart’s Taekwon-do instructor Anthony Carter, who said: “Stuart was very good, he was very focused, and precise in all aspects of his patterns, power, sparring and control. I am very proud of him.
“Being an Olympic sport has made Taekwon-do more popular, particularly since we won gold in London. Stuart has been practising the art since he was seven years old, and is a credit to the Wisbech School.’
Anthony Carter is a 5th degree international instructor and examiner. He runs three classes at the Hudson Leisure Centre in Wisbech every week, on Monday, Wednesday and Friday between 6pm and 7pm, and the first lesson is always free.
You may also want to watch:
He said: “Just turn up in comfortable clothing and have a go. It is a sport for all ages, male and female, and teaches a form of self defence which is popular and effective.”
- 1 Vaccine roll-out begins, 12 hours a day, seven days a week
- 2 'Small number of Covid-19 deaths' at care home
- 3 Artist impressions of how Mepal will be transformed into a £6.5m crematorium
- 4 Coronavirus test centre staff ‘receive abuse’ from angry motorists
- 5 Council offers reserved parking for elderly heading for Covid jab
- 6 Slimmer's life-changing weight loss story
- 7 Tributes to 'loving, kind family man' and community stalwart
- 8 Minor injury unit closes to allow staff to respond to crisis in the community
- 9 Man, 39, convicted of assault on two HMRC officers by beating
- 10 Man attempts to smuggle MDMA tablets disguised as Mars Bar into jail