Seventeen-year-old Stuart becomes top student at Wisbech Taekwon-do school
TEENAGER Stuart Murat has become the highest ranking student at the Carter School of Taekwon-do in Wisbech., after earning his 3rd degree black belt.
Seventeen-year-old Stuart - who has successfully completed 13 gradings in 10 years - won the belt after a gruelling 4.5 hour seminar and grading by 7th degree Taekwon-do Master David Dykes from Hereford.
Looking on was Stuart’s Taekwon-do instructor Anthony Carter, who said: “Stuart was very good, he was very focused, and precise in all aspects of his patterns, power, sparring and control. I am very proud of him.
“Being an Olympic sport has made Taekwon-do more popular, particularly since we won gold in London. Stuart has been practising the art since he was seven years old, and is a credit to the Wisbech School.’
Anthony Carter is a 5th degree international instructor and examiner. He runs three classes at the Hudson Leisure Centre in Wisbech every week, on Monday, Wednesday and Friday between 6pm and 7pm, and the first lesson is always free.
You may also want to watch:
He said: “Just turn up in comfortable clothing and have a go. It is a sport for all ages, male and female, and teaches a form of self defence which is popular and effective.”
- 1 ‘You now have s**t on your face,’ objector to planning scheme told
- 2 Man who died in road crash is named
- 3 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in live Facebook video stream
- 4 Man, 53, found in 'possession of knife' in Queensgate Shopping Centre
- 5 Reporter shares mid-treatment stages of teeth transformation
- 6 Success after six year battle to get 21 homes approved on factory site
- 7 Wright hopes overseas ace's return boosts March Town play-off hopes
- 8 Here are your winners of the Pride of Whittlesey awards
- 9 Hundreds go bargain hunting in the sun at first car boot since lockdown
- 10 Fen farm on more than 200 acres of land up for sale for £2.2million