Seventh-wicket stand of 37 sees March Thirds beat Sutton
A BREEZY knock from skipper Matt Hubbard helped March thirds squeeze home by four wickets in CCA Junior League Division 3A with a win against visitors Sutton.
Hubbard hit 20 not out off 11 deliveries and together with Manuj Patel figured in an unbeaten seventh wicket stand of 37. Patel made an excellent 37 not out off 31 balls in the winning 202-6 total, as 61 runs came off the final 7.4 overs.
Further up the order there were useful contributions from Brett Tinnion (42), James Mortlock (38) and Pat Ringham (24). Tinnion, together with Rob Cummings (17), perished to two excellent low catches at square leg, which on another day could have cost March the game.
As it was Mortlock, Patel and Hubbard rose to the occasion to see the home side home with 2.2 overs to spare.
Sutton batted in similar fashion - getting a solid start and then whacking 45 runs in the final five overs.
You may also want to watch:
During their innings of 198-6, Patel (2-34), Stuart Fox (2-52) and Rob Cumming (2-55) were the wicket-takers.
- 1 March Town mark long-awaited step five return with opening day defeat
- 2 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 3 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 4 Abandoned mooring could cost £50,000 to replace, says council
- 5 Did you go to Newmarket Nights? Spot yourself in our gallery
- 6 Sweet Caroline and a dodgy knee - review of Olly Murs at Newmarket Nights
- 7 Teenager, 16, threatened young couple with screwdriver in park
- 8 Town rallies in fight for new hospital
- 9 Drug dealer hid £130,000 at home
- 10 Alleged paedophile released on bail