Seventh-wicket stand of 37 sees March Thirds beat Sutton
A BREEZY knock from skipper Matt Hubbard helped March thirds squeeze home by four wickets in CCA Junior League Division 3A with a win against visitors Sutton.
Hubbard hit 20 not out off 11 deliveries and together with Manuj Patel figured in an unbeaten seventh wicket stand of 37. Patel made an excellent 37 not out off 31 balls in the winning 202-6 total, as 61 runs came off the final 7.4 overs.
Further up the order there were useful contributions from Brett Tinnion (42), James Mortlock (38) and Pat Ringham (24). Tinnion, together with Rob Cummings (17), perished to two excellent low catches at square leg, which on another day could have cost March the game.
As it was Mortlock, Patel and Hubbard rose to the occasion to see the home side home with 2.2 overs to spare.
Sutton batted in similar fashion - getting a solid start and then whacking 45 runs in the final five overs.
You may also want to watch:
During their innings of 198-6, Patel (2-34), Stuart Fox (2-52) and Rob Cumming (2-55) were the wicket-takers.
- 1 'Amazing team work' at hospital's vaccination clinic
- 2 'Physically and mentally exhausted" Matt in plea to find missing beagle
- 3 Cops 'cash and carry' raid nets 108 cannabis plants and £100,000
- 4 Council buys up 1,000 sandbags ahead of Storm Christoph
- 5 Man suffers serious injuries after two-vehicle crash on A47
- 6 'Well, here's another nice mess you've gotten me into'
- 7 ‘Boris should try to fill in the forms if he thinks they’re so simple’
- 8 Rapist on bail performed magic tricks for police and security guard
- 9 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
- 10 Rough sleepers helped from tents pitched on private land