Seventh-wicket stand of 37 sees March Thirds beat Sutton
A BREEZY knock from skipper Matt Hubbard helped March thirds squeeze home by four wickets in CCA Junior League Division 3A with a win against visitors Sutton.
Hubbard hit 20 not out off 11 deliveries and together with Manuj Patel figured in an unbeaten seventh wicket stand of 37. Patel made an excellent 37 not out off 31 balls in the winning 202-6 total, as 61 runs came off the final 7.4 overs.
Further up the order there were useful contributions from Brett Tinnion (42), James Mortlock (38) and Pat Ringham (24). Tinnion, together with Rob Cummings (17), perished to two excellent low catches at square leg, which on another day could have cost March the game.
As it was Mortlock, Patel and Hubbard rose to the occasion to see the home side home with 2.2 overs to spare.
Sutton batted in similar fashion - getting a solid start and then whacking 45 runs in the final five overs.
During their innings of 198-6, Patel (2-34), Stuart Fox (2-52) and Rob Cumming (2-55) were the wicket-takers.
- 1 Tributes paid to 'beloved husband' killed crossing road
- 2 Cambridgeshire individual diagnosed with Covid-19 Omicron variant
- 3 Princess Eugenie on mission to stop modern slavery
- 4 Fens business park goes to auction - for up to £700,000
- 5 Thousands descend on Chatteris as town lights up for Christmas
- 6 Stolen caravans discovered on village site to relief of owners
- 7 Happy Hares boss confident more progress is yet to come
- 8 Two-day operation to feature in episode four of TV series
- 9 Christmas at Wimpole illuminated trail sparks into life as countdown begins
- 10 Children among suspected hare coursers stopped in the Fens