Seventh-wicket stand of 37 sees March Thirds beat Sutton
A BREEZY knock from skipper Matt Hubbard helped March thirds squeeze home by four wickets in CCA Junior League Division 3A with a win against visitors Sutton.
Hubbard hit 20 not out off 11 deliveries and together with Manuj Patel figured in an unbeaten seventh wicket stand of 37. Patel made an excellent 37 not out off 31 balls in the winning 202-6 total, as 61 runs came off the final 7.4 overs.
Further up the order there were useful contributions from Brett Tinnion (42), James Mortlock (38) and Pat Ringham (24). Tinnion, together with Rob Cummings (17), perished to two excellent low catches at square leg, which on another day could have cost March the game.
As it was Mortlock, Patel and Hubbard rose to the occasion to see the home side home with 2.2 overs to spare.
Sutton batted in similar fashion - getting a solid start and then whacking 45 runs in the final five overs.
You may also want to watch:
During their innings of 198-6, Patel (2-34), Stuart Fox (2-52) and Rob Cumming (2-55) were the wicket-takers.
- 1 BBC drama Casualty storyline to feature pelvic mesh implant scandal
- 2 Long-serving work couple leaving Fens for Nigeria to build care home
- 3 Cheers to that! Businesses reopen as lockdown restrictions ease
- 4 Woman threatened for not wearing mask describes fear for safety
- 5 Aldi invites the public to share their views on new Whittlesey store
- 6 Burglar's DNA linked to break in at Ramsey Royal British Legion Club
- 7 Primary school joins laureate's £100m-a-year bid to boost libraries
- 8 Spectators to be 'kept well away' when 85m chimneys come down
- 9 Council removes anti-Semitic graffiti in Ely
- 10 ‘Numerous’ number plate thefts reported to police across region