Seventh-wicket stand of 37 sees March Thirds beat Sutton
A BREEZY knock from skipper Matt Hubbard helped March thirds squeeze home by four wickets in CCA Junior League Division 3A with a win against visitors Sutton.
Hubbard hit 20 not out off 11 deliveries and together with Manuj Patel figured in an unbeaten seventh wicket stand of 37. Patel made an excellent 37 not out off 31 balls in the winning 202-6 total, as 61 runs came off the final 7.4 overs.
Further up the order there were useful contributions from Brett Tinnion (42), James Mortlock (38) and Pat Ringham (24). Tinnion, together with Rob Cummings (17), perished to two excellent low catches at square leg, which on another day could have cost March the game.
As it was Mortlock, Patel and Hubbard rose to the occasion to see the home side home with 2.2 overs to spare.
Sutton batted in similar fashion - getting a solid start and then whacking 45 runs in the final five overs.
You may also want to watch:
During their innings of 198-6, Patel (2-34), Stuart Fox (2-52) and Rob Cumming (2-55) were the wicket-takers.
- 1 MP visits hospital about to become centre of Covid-19 vaccine rollout
- 2 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
- 3 Owner's desperate plea - and £500 reward - to find missing dog
- 4 Rugby club fears vendetta after vandals strike again
- 5 'Big red key' used by cops in dawn raid on suspected drug dealers
- 6 Ditch crash victim seriously injured
- 7 Nitrous oxide canisters no laughing matter say Fenland police
- 8 Vaccine roll-out begins, 12 hours a day, seven days a week
- 9 Homes 'siloed on edge of village like old-style council estate'
- 10 Tributes to 'loving, kind family man' and community stalwart