Seymour picks up the honours at March Cricket Club’s presentation evening
- Credit: Archant
Former March Town Cricket Club President Mel Pooley and junior cricket Coach Toby Nulty were invited to Lord’s last week in recognition of the work they have carried out at club level.
Pooley, who is the ECB Cambridgeshire County Pitch Adviser, was nominated for a Lifetime Achievement award at the 2013 NatWest Outstanding Service to Cricket Awards (OSCAs).
Nulty, who coaches the under-11s and helped run the club’s three day sports festival, was nominated in the Young Volunteer category.
At the ceremony the pair were introduced to new MCC President and ex-England captain Mike Gatting.
Closer to home, more than 60 members attended March Cricket Club’s annual presentation evening at the Avenue.
You may also want to watch:
The awards were handed out by club president Michael Wallis and Cambridgeshire County Cricket Club manager Keith Coburn.
Aussie Steve Seymour picked up Saturday and Sunday First XI Player of the Year, while Callum Young was awarded Young Player of the Year.
- 1 ‘You now have s**t on your face,’ objector to planning scheme told
- 2 Suspected drink-driver, 41, arrested after tip-off from resident
- 3 Man who died in road crash is named
- 4 Police thank eagle-eyed motorist for being ‘right place, right time’
- 5 DJ, 11, branded 'an inspiration' after winning top award
- 6 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in live Facebook video stream
- 7 Photographer amazed by praise thanks to stunning images of space
- 8 Reporter shares mid-treatment stages of teeth transformation
- 9 Entrepreneurs’ lockdown invention wins big at London competition
- 10 Man, 53, found in 'possession of knife' in Queensgate Shopping Centre
Other awards: Saturday Second XI Player of the Year - Stuart Mills, Sunday Second XI Player of the Year - Adam Conyard, Saturday Third XI Player of the Year - Matt Hubbard, Saturday Fourth XI Player of the Year - Josh Watson, Most Improved Player of the Year - David Hodson, Clubman of the Year - Norman Topliss.