Seymour shines as March Town make it two wins on the bounce with Ringham setting his sights on Wisbech derby
- Credit: Archant
March Town will look to shatter Wisbech Town’s faint hopes of retaining their title when the two sides meet at The Avenue on Saturday.
Wisbech are third in the Tucker Gardener League, 29 points behind leaders Ramsey, with just three games remaining.
March go into the derby on the back of a six wicket win at Cambridge NCI, their second win on the bounce.
Ringham said: “It’s a game Wisbech need to win more than us so there is a lot more pressure on them but we don’t want to lose a local derby.
“I said to the players a couple of weeks ago if we can get on a winning run it would be a nice way to finish a disappointing season (March are seventh in the league).”
You may also want to watch:
March’s win at Cambridge NCI was built on a strong collective bowling effort which restricted the hosts to 165-7. James Harradine and Chris Peckett both took two wickets.
In reply, March were struggling on 34-3 but Steve Seymour’s unbeaten 80, helped by contributions from Ben Pyle (25) and Harradine (30 no), saw them home.
- 1 Owner's desperate plea - and £500 reward - to find missing dog
- 2 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer
- 3 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
- 4 'Bed-bound, my body felt exasperated' - reporter shares battle with Covid-19
- 5 MP visits hospital about to become centre of Covid-19 vaccine rollout
- 6 Rugby club fears vendetta after vandals strike again
- 7 Nitrous oxide canisters no laughing matter say Fenland police
- 8 Overgrown ditch ‘hasn’t been maintained for at least eight years’
- 9 Coroner records Wisbech teenager’s death as suicide
- 10 County cops issue more than 60 Covid fines since beginning of 2021
Ringham said: “It was a good effort, particularly without Tyler Phillips and Callum Young, to restrict them to 165 on a lightening fast outfield.
“Steve Seymour dug in for us, as did James (Harradine). Once they got in they made it look relatively comfortable.”