Shock defeat for darts legend Martin Adams as TWO world champions visit Fenland
THERE was a shock defeat for darts legend Martin ‘Wolfie’ Adams on Sunday as Fenland played host to TWO world champions.
Adams was beaten 4-2 by Ian McFarlane at the GER, in March, as struggling Cambridgeshire slumped to a 25-14 defeat against Warwickshire.
Nine-time ladies world champion Trina Gulliver, who has played in almost 200 matches for Warwickshire, was also given a tough test against Cambridgeshire’s Claire Ball.
Ball was agonisingly close to causing a second upset, missing darts at doubles as Gulliver prevailed 3-2.
The weekend’s BDO Premier Division Clash started on Saturday as Cambridgeshire’s ‘B’ teams suffered heavy losses.
You may also want to watch:
Diane Couzens and Liz Humphries were the only winners for the ladies, who were beaten 4-2, while the men were thumped 9-3.
Cambridgeshire fought back on Sunday as the ‘A’ teams secured draws. Wins from Nadine Bentley, Juliet Findley and Barbara Greatbatch helped the ladies to a share of the spoils.
- 1 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer
- 2 Owner's desperate plea - and £500 reward - to find missing dog
- 3 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
- 4 'Bed-bound, my body felt exasperated' - reporter shares battle with Covid-19
- 5 County cops issue more than 60 Covid fines since beginning of 2021
- 6 MP visits hospital about to become centre of Covid-19 vaccine rollout
- 7 Alcohol licence objections over noise and disturbance concerns
- 8 Coroner records Wisbech teenager’s death as suicide
- 9 Overgrown ditch ‘hasn’t been maintained for at least eight years’
- 10 Dad of two killed on Fen road
Ian Withers claimed Cambridgeshire’s first win in the men’s fixture by defeating former England star Tommy Aldridge.
Dennis Harbour, Pete Dyos, Garry Kilpatrick, Simon Matthews and Chris Sands-Pearce were also victorious in the 6-6 draw.
The results leaves Cambridgeshire, who travel to Glamorgan next month, rooted to the bottom of the league.