Shock defeat for darts legend Martin Adams as TWO world champions visit Fenland
THERE was a shock defeat for darts legend Martin ‘Wolfie’ Adams on Sunday as Fenland played host to TWO world champions.
Adams was beaten 4-2 by Ian McFarlane at the GER, in March, as struggling Cambridgeshire slumped to a 25-14 defeat against Warwickshire.
Nine-time ladies world champion Trina Gulliver, who has played in almost 200 matches for Warwickshire, was also given a tough test against Cambridgeshire’s Claire Ball.
Ball was agonisingly close to causing a second upset, missing darts at doubles as Gulliver prevailed 3-2.
The weekend’s BDO Premier Division Clash started on Saturday as Cambridgeshire’s ‘B’ teams suffered heavy losses.
You may also want to watch:
Diane Couzens and Liz Humphries were the only winners for the ladies, who were beaten 4-2, while the men were thumped 9-3.
Cambridgeshire fought back on Sunday as the ‘A’ teams secured draws. Wins from Nadine Bentley, Juliet Findley and Barbara Greatbatch helped the ladies to a share of the spoils.
- 1 Quiz-loving duo win BBC game show hosted by Bradley Walsh and Holly Willoughby
- 2 AN APOLOGY: The Gables in Chatteris
- 3 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in East Cambs and Fenland
- 4 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 5 Alternative banking available as local branch closes
- 6 Historic hotel opens doors after lockdown transformation
- 7 9 never to be forgotten moments from Cambridgeshire politicians
- 8 Mother sends warning over 'disgraceful' care of six-year-old daughter
- 9 Pink Cadillacs, sports cars and a VW Beetle: Students arrive in style for their leavers' prom
- 10 Man killed in Estover Road motorbike crash named by police
Ian Withers claimed Cambridgeshire’s first win in the men’s fixture by defeating former England star Tommy Aldridge.
Dennis Harbour, Pete Dyos, Garry Kilpatrick, Simon Matthews and Chris Sands-Pearce were also victorious in the 6-6 draw.
The results leaves Cambridgeshire, who travel to Glamorgan next month, rooted to the bottom of the league.