Shock defeat for darts legend Martin Adams as TWO world champions visit Fenland
THERE was a shock defeat for darts legend Martin ‘Wolfie’ Adams on Sunday as Fenland played host to TWO world champions.
Adams was beaten 4-2 by Ian McFarlane at the GER, in March, as struggling Cambridgeshire slumped to a 25-14 defeat against Warwickshire.
Nine-time ladies world champion Trina Gulliver, who has played in almost 200 matches for Warwickshire, was also given a tough test against Cambridgeshire’s Claire Ball.
Ball was agonisingly close to causing a second upset, missing darts at doubles as Gulliver prevailed 3-2.
The weekend’s BDO Premier Division Clash started on Saturday as Cambridgeshire’s ‘B’ teams suffered heavy losses.
You may also want to watch:
Diane Couzens and Liz Humphries were the only winners for the ladies, who were beaten 4-2, while the men were thumped 9-3.
Cambridgeshire fought back on Sunday as the ‘A’ teams secured draws. Wins from Nadine Bentley, Juliet Findley and Barbara Greatbatch helped the ladies to a share of the spoils.
- 1 ‘You now have s**t on your face,’ objector to planning scheme told
- 2 Man who died in road crash is named
- 3 Reporter shares mid-treatment stages of teeth transformation
- 4 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in live Facebook video stream
- 5 Wright hopes overseas ace's return boosts March Town play-off hopes
- 6 Man, 53, found in 'possession of knife' in Queensgate Shopping Centre
- 7 Suspected drink-driver, 41, arrested after tip-off from resident
- 8 Police thank eagle-eyed motorist for being ‘right place, right time’
- 9 DJ, 11, branded 'an inspiration' after winning top award
- 10 Success after six year battle to get 21 homes approved on factory site
Ian Withers claimed Cambridgeshire’s first win in the men’s fixture by defeating former England star Tommy Aldridge.
Dennis Harbour, Pete Dyos, Garry Kilpatrick, Simon Matthews and Chris Sands-Pearce were also victorious in the 6-6 draw.
The results leaves Cambridgeshire, who travel to Glamorgan next month, rooted to the bottom of the league.