Six Peterborough BCKA Fenland fighters gearing up for WKC Championships with medals on their minds
- Credit: Archant
Here are six Fenland fighters who will represent England in the WKC World karate and kickboxing championships in Portugal ... and they are not going to make up the numbers.
Between them, Peteborough BCKA competitors Chelsea Munday, Freya Molloy, Jaden Harris, Eddy Paddock, Leon Gold and Grant Brown have, in 2014, collected an impressive 52 titles, 25 of which have been at British or European level.
So it should come as no surprise that executive instructor Andy Whitwell thinks his fighters all have a great opportunity to win medals at the championships, which takes place in Albufeira from November 1-4.
He said: “I am confident that they will do very well, they are six of the best.
“These students are on top of their game and are by far the best fighters in their categories in this area.
You may also want to watch:
“The loyalty and dedication shown by these members make them a pleasure to teach and work with.
“We are all part of a great team working closely with the England squad, pulling in the same direction and I believe this is the backbone of Peterborough BCKA and the reason why we are so successful.
- 1 Homes evacuated as FOUR gas leaks disrupt March
- 2 All roads reopened after gas leaks cause day of disruption
- 3 Driver escapes injury after A14 lorry fire
- 4 20 travelling families park illegally at rugby club
- 5 Hauliers on how they are tackling the HGV driver shortage crisis
- 6 Police disrupt drug dealer's 'oven ready' cannabis stash
- 7 White van driver sought after Passat overturns
- 8 Family farmers win court case against oat milk giants
- 9 Hooded man exposes himself to two women
- 10 Pub closes as owners decide not to sell
“Without loyalty and respect the team would not enjoy the current results.
“I cannot praise these fighters enough, they are all single-minded in the pursuit for excellence and by training as often and as hard as they do, being as focused as they are, they are giving themselves a great opportunity to win a medal and possibly come home as a WKC World Champion.”
Courtney Brown of Whittlesey also qualified for the championships but recently had a baby daughter so can not make the trip.
The kickboxers are looking for sponsorship to help fund their championship dreams.
If anyone can offer assistance to members of this team, contact Andy Whitwell on 07969792286 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org