Snowball fights and Zumba - March Town United hold unorthodox winter training sessions
- Credit: Archant
WINTRY weather has forced March Town United’s football-hungry squad into some unorthodox training sessions... including snowball fights and Zumba.
The Hares have not played since their 3-0 defeat to Halstead Town on January 12, prompting frustrated boss Paul Crosbie to think outside of the box.
The Scot got his squad together for a snowball fight at the GER last week before insisting that the Hares put on their dancing shoes for a Zumba class.
“These sessions have been good for team spirit but the lads are itching to get out and play football again,” he said.
“Our last game against Halstead was one we never should have lost so we want to put that right.”
You may also want to watch:
March travel to third-bottom Long Melford in the Thurlow Nunn First Division on Saturday.
They will be without Luke Pepper, who is struggling with a knee injury, but Lewis Thompson is fit and looks set to start.
- 1 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 2 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 3 Abandoned mooring could cost £50,000 to replace, says council
- 4 March Town mark long-awaited step five return with opening day defeat
- 5 Sweet Caroline and a dodgy knee - review of Olly Murs at Newmarket Nights
- 6 Blush crowned best bridal shop in Cambs
- 7 Drug dealer hid £130,000 at home
- 8 Lorry driver who died in B1085 crash named
- 9 Teenager, 16, threatened young couple with screwdriver in park
- 10 30,000 watch Facebook confrontation of alleged paedophile
Crosbie said: “If you look at our next four games we should be aiming for nine points and cup progression but this is us and we will have to wait and see.
“We need to get that consistency back again.”