BOXING: Sparta star Eryk Ciureja adds 28th amateur win
- Credit: Archant
Sparta ABC star Eryk Ciureja added another impressive victory to his record in Essex last weekend.
The 16-year-old prospect made short work of his bout against home fighter Tariq Agius, easing to a unanimous decision victory – the 28th win of his blossoming amateur career.
Ciureja dominated from the first bell, putting Agius on the back foot throughout all three rounds.
The Fenland fighter was sharp with his combinations and his skill proved to be too much for Agius, who was handed only his fourth defeat of a 26-fight career.
Sparta coach, Matt Lenton, said: “Eryk is always learning and improving but he was magnificent last week.
“We’re all very proud of him at the club.”
- 1 Michaela’s horrific ordeal: ‘My partner threatened to slit my throat and bury me alive’
- 2 Developer claims 109-home estate would be 'wholly appropriate'
- 3 Motorcyclist, 32, injured after A605 crash
- 4 Village life, magistrate in court for failing to clear snow and forced landing
- 5 Police shut off A605 after 'single vehicle' crash
- 6 Prison for 'lavish lifestyle' drug dealer who hid £18k cash in sock drawer
- 7 How do Cambridgeshire Fens' Covid cases compare to November 2020 lockdown?
- 8 Convenience store transformed thanks to £116k facelift
- 9 Eight things we learned from the prime minister's briefing
- 10 'White van man' crashes into rail bridge