BOXING: Sparta star Eryk Ciureja adds 28th amateur win
- Credit: Archant
Sparta ABC star Eryk Ciureja added another impressive victory to his record in Essex last weekend.
The 16-year-old prospect made short work of his bout against home fighter Tariq Agius, easing to a unanimous decision victory – the 28th win of his blossoming amateur career.
Ciureja dominated from the first bell, putting Agius on the back foot throughout all three rounds.
The Fenland fighter was sharp with his combinations and his skill proved to be too much for Agius, who was handed only his fourth defeat of a 26-fight career.
Sparta coach, Matt Lenton, said: “Eryk is always learning and improving but he was magnificent last week.
You may also want to watch:
“We’re all very proud of him at the club.”
- 1 Girl, 15, in late night stand-off with train on rural line
- 2 Pupils thrilled to take next step towards England dream
- 3 Jail for 'predator' who raped vulnerable woman in children's play park
- 4 ‘Shovel-ready’ mayor brings key schemes back from the brink
- 5 Threatening domestic abuser tracked and assaulted ex partner of 10 years
- 6 'Savage' attack left man without spleen
- 7 30,000 watch Facebook confrontation of alleged paedophile
- 8 Cant's Drove loses 'worst road in the Fens' title
- 9 7 of the most expensive houses on the market in Cambridgeshire right now
- 10 Pets saved in horrific rescue start to be rehomed