BOXING: Sparta star Eryk Ciureja adds 28th amateur win
- Credit: Archant
Sparta ABC star Eryk Ciureja added another impressive victory to his record in Essex last weekend.
The 16-year-old prospect made short work of his bout against home fighter Tariq Agius, easing to a unanimous decision victory – the 28th win of his blossoming amateur career.
Ciureja dominated from the first bell, putting Agius on the back foot throughout all three rounds.
The Fenland fighter was sharp with his combinations and his skill proved to be too much for Agius, who was handed only his fourth defeat of a 26-fight career.
Sparta coach, Matt Lenton, said: “Eryk is always learning and improving but he was magnificent last week.
You may also want to watch:
“We’re all very proud of him at the club.”
- 1 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 2 Hundreds go bargain hunting in the sun at first car boot since lockdown
- 3 Three derelict cottages ‘would make an ideal renovation project’
- 4 Police officer sacked for racially abusing colleague at Christmas party
- 5 Dramatic drop in face-to-face GP appointments
- 6 High Sheriff of Cambridgeshire honoured with new role
- 7 Fen farm on more than 200 acres of land up for sale for £2.2million
- 8 Rural crime police recover dog in ‘poor state’ while on site check
- 9 Heated dining pod and covered decking area at restaurant after garden makeover
- 10 Police hunt homemade go-kart ‘causing anti-social behaviour’