BOXING: Sparta star Eryk Ciureja adds 28th amateur win
- Credit: Archant
Sparta ABC star Eryk Ciureja added another impressive victory to his record in Essex last weekend.
The 16-year-old prospect made short work of his bout against home fighter Tariq Agius, easing to a unanimous decision victory – the 28th win of his blossoming amateur career.
Ciureja dominated from the first bell, putting Agius on the back foot throughout all three rounds.
The Fenland fighter was sharp with his combinations and his skill proved to be too much for Agius, who was handed only his fourth defeat of a 26-fight career.
Sparta coach, Matt Lenton, said: “Eryk is always learning and improving but he was magnificent last week.
You may also want to watch:
“We’re all very proud of him at the club.”
- 1 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 2 Crash boy's mum says he's 'badly shaken but OK'
- 3 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 4 Covid-19 numbers in Fenland higher than rest of county
- 5 Former Top Gear star Rory Reid spotted filming with Lamborghini
- 6 Max and Chloe become pioneers of community housing success in Cambs village
- 7 Rapist on bail performed magic tricks for police and security guard
- 8 Welcome to Whittlesey - the new UK hotspot for kite surfing?
- 9 Dad has 'much more energy to run around' with son after losing four stone
- 10 Council books seven hotels and guest houses for homeless