Sparta ABC prospect Ciureja, 11, wins Eastern Counties final - now he’s got ABA national crown in his sights
- Credit: Archant
Sparta ABC Kacper Ciureja is three wins away from becoming an ABA National Champion.
The 11 year-old beat John Cunningham of King’s Lynn by unanimous decision to become Eastern Counties champion in Wisbech on Saturday.
The exciting prospect, who extended his record to six wins in seven contests, dominated the bout. He even forced a standing count in the second round.
To earn his place in the final, Ciureja clinched a hard-fought split decision win over Liam Jesse of Chavaldon.
Coach Matt Lenton said: “Kacper boxed extremely well. For someone so young to produce such ann accomplished performance is very pleasing.
You may also want to watch:
“He is definitely someone to follow in the future.”
If he were to clinch the ABA crown, he would follow in the footsteps of fellow club boxer Reece Oldfield, who became a national champion in March.
- 1 Man, 53, found in 'possession of knife' in Queensgate Shopping Centre
- 2 Success after six year battle to get 21 homes approved on factory site
- 3 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in front of thousands on live video
- 4 MP praises 'fantastic' vaccine team after having Covid-19 jab
- 5 Here are your winners of the Pride of Whittlesey awards
- 6 Man who died in road crash is named
- 7 Hundreds go bargain hunting in the sun at first car boot since lockdown
- 8 Letters: Mayor's tribute, poem for a pigeon and letter release refusal
- 9 Matilda, 9, sold her dolls to raise money for charity close to her heart
- 10 Three derelict cottages ‘would make an ideal renovation project’
Kacper’s brother Gracjan lost by split decision in a hard fought bout with Brent Barnby, of Trumpington, in the Mid Anglia Schoolboys final. It was a bout which could have gone either way.
Sparta ABC would like to thank all their sponsors for supporting the 5km fun run. They have now raised enough to pay for a van to transport the boxers to shows across the country.