Sparta ABC’s Toby Herbert gets revenge over Travis Biddle by boxing to excellent victory
- Credit: Archant
Toby Herbert of Sparta ABC sealed the best win of his boxing career after defying illness to take revenge over three-time East Midlands Champion Travis Biddle of Kettering ABC.
The bout, part of Bernie’s Gym ABC show at Chatteris on Saturday night, was a rematch from an earlier close encounter in November last year, which saw Biddle come out on top.
Biddle and his coaching staff were confident of another victory but weren’t prepared for Herbert’s determination to overturn the previous result.
The first round saw Herbert take the fight to Biddle; out scoring the Kettering boxer with volleys of combinations and a higher work rate, constantly driving Biddle back towards the ropes, which produced anxious expressions from his coaching team as Biddle returned to his corner after the first round.
Despite suffering a heavy cold, Herbert kept Biddle busy on the defence in round two, showering his opponent with strong back hand counters with his southpaw style, which gave him the second round.
You may also want to watch:
In the final round, the effects of Herbert being ill slowed his progress and his work rate dropped, allowing the Kettering fighter back into the contest, but it was too late, and Herbert’s hard work in the first two rounds was enough to give him his finest win to date.
- 1 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 2 Former Top Gear star Rory Reid spotted filming with Lamborghini
- 3 Rapist on bail performed magic tricks for police and security guard
- 4 Covid-19 numbers in Fenland higher than rest of county
- 5 Cops 'cash and carry' raid nets 108 cannabis plants and £100,000
- 6 Council books seven hotels and guest houses for homeless
- 7 Emergency services – including two air ambulances – rush to A10 crash
- 8 Jonathan Van Tam’s mum gets Covid-19 vaccination at Cambs clinic
- 9 Care home 'requires improvement' after unannounced visit
- 10 Pedestrian dies crossing busy Cambridgeshire road