Sparta ABC starlet Eryk steals the show at Camberley
- Credit: Archant
Boxing prodigy Eryk Ciureja proved why he is regarded as one of the region’s most exciting prospects by storming to a superb victory over Cirencester fighter John Barry at a show in Camberely a fortnight ago.
The Polish international was in fine fighting form in his three round bout with Barry on Saturday February 27, rocking his opponent with a barrage of hooks and straights.
Cirueja boxed with poise and purpose, defending well and landing a flurry of counter punches on his way to a unanimous points decision victory.
After easing to another win in Surrey, the young fighter has decided to withdraw from the English Amateur Boxing Assocation (ABA) and focus on his international commitments.
12-year-old Sparta ABC boxer Richard Smith also stepped into the ring at the show in Surrey, and showcased some promising attacking boxing in a split decision defeat.
You may also want to watch:
Kasper Ciureja was also in action, and was unfortunate to fall to a points defeat.
- 1 Watch the moment E-scooter rider, 16, narrowly misses crashing into bus
- 2 Mobile upgrade work may cause TV interference
- 3 Rob's 'walk of thanks' for Magpas Air Ambulance
- 4 Turners ‘massively impacted’ and Knowles up pay to hire HGV drivers
- 5 MP the “most handsome and kindest member of the government’
- 6 ‘Enough is enough’ says MP at the scene of drink drive crash
- 7 Depleted Bears fight back to earn friendly victory
- 8 Covid-19 job loss prompts Martin to launch out on his own
- 9 'No excuse' not to publish costs says funeral director
- 10 Plea to council to halt £6.5m crematorium plan