Sparta ABC starlet Eryk steals the show at Camberley
- Credit: Archant
Boxing prodigy Eryk Ciureja proved why he is regarded as one of the region’s most exciting prospects by storming to a superb victory over Cirencester fighter John Barry at a show in Camberely a fortnight ago.
The Polish international was in fine fighting form in his three round bout with Barry on Saturday February 27, rocking his opponent with a barrage of hooks and straights.
Cirueja boxed with poise and purpose, defending well and landing a flurry of counter punches on his way to a unanimous points decision victory.
After easing to another win in Surrey, the young fighter has decided to withdraw from the English Amateur Boxing Assocation (ABA) and focus on his international commitments.
12-year-old Sparta ABC boxer Richard Smith also stepped into the ring at the show in Surrey, and showcased some promising attacking boxing in a split decision defeat.
You may also want to watch:
Kasper Ciureja was also in action, and was unfortunate to fall to a points defeat.
- 1 Crash boy's mum says he's 'badly shaken but OK'
- 2 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 3 Former Top Gear star Rory Reid spotted filming with Lamborghini
- 4 Covid-19 numbers in Fenland higher than rest of county
- 5 Council books seven hotels and guest houses for homeless
- 6 Rapist on bail performed magic tricks for police and security guard
- 7 Max and Chloe become pioneers of community housing success in Cambs village
- 8 Welcome to Whittlesey - the new UK hotspot for kite surfing?
- 9 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
- 10 Care home 'requires improvement' after unannounced visit