Sparta ABC starlet Eryk steals the show at Camberley
- Credit: Archant
Boxing prodigy Eryk Ciureja proved why he is regarded as one of the region’s most exciting prospects by storming to a superb victory over Cirencester fighter John Barry at a show in Camberely a fortnight ago.
The Polish international was in fine fighting form in his three round bout with Barry on Saturday February 27, rocking his opponent with a barrage of hooks and straights.
Cirueja boxed with poise and purpose, defending well and landing a flurry of counter punches on his way to a unanimous points decision victory.
After easing to another win in Surrey, the young fighter has decided to withdraw from the English Amateur Boxing Assocation (ABA) and focus on his international commitments.
12-year-old Sparta ABC boxer Richard Smith also stepped into the ring at the show in Surrey, and showcased some promising attacking boxing in a split decision defeat.
You may also want to watch:
Kasper Ciureja was also in action, and was unfortunate to fall to a points defeat.
- 1 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 2 Hundreds go bargain hunting in the sun at first car boot since lockdown
- 3 Three derelict cottages ‘would make an ideal renovation project’
- 4 Police officer sacked for racially abusing colleague at Christmas party
- 5 Dramatic drop in face-to-face GP appointments
- 6 High Sheriff of Cambridgeshire honoured with new role
- 7 Fen farm on more than 200 acres of land up for sale for £2.2million
- 8 Rural crime police recover dog in ‘poor state’ while on site check
- 9 Heated dining pod and covered decking area at restaurant after garden makeover
- 10 Police hunt homemade go-kart ‘causing anti-social behaviour’