Speedy Justin is no dud in March Athletics Club Spud race
- Credit: Archant
Justin Elvidge was victorious as dozens of top runners competed in March Athletics Club’s annual Spud Run last weekend.
Elvidge completed the five-mile course in a time of 32 minutes and 52 seconds; 28 seconds faster than Jamie Shelton, who finished in second place.
Geraldine Larham took the first Vet 45 prize – and the title of fastest lady home – and youngster Ben Goude was the fastest junior running in the 1.5-mile fun run.
Five mile Race: Justin Elvidge 32:52, Jamie Shelton 33:20, Andrew Larham 33:39 (1st in Age Cat), Geraldine Larham (1st in Age Cat), Karen Patterson Rhys Davies 36:34, Martin Gardner 37:40, Phil Beldom 39:00, Bryan Goodenough 39:08, Helena Mueller 41:31, Graeme Robertson 41:39, Ray Funnell 41:50, Teilo Pearce 42:00, Laura Webb 42:04, Scott Bywater 42:21, Gaelle Bryant 44:06, Tina Lambert 44:52, Harry Littlemore 46:36, Fay Scrivener 46:44, Karen Dando 49:09, Philip Cole 56:53, Sally Mills 56:54, Tic Few 57:58 and Dan Bayles 62:55.
1.5 mile Fun Run: Ben Goude (1st) 9:35, Brandon Pearce (2nd) 10:03, Alfie McIntyre (3rd) 10:13, Thomas Goude 10:28, Hugo Bryant 10:40, Sean Stacey 10:41, Luke Gardner 11:05, Liam Lambert 11:19, Alfie Skinner 11:34, Archie Bullman 11:42, Phil Beldom 11:43, Harvey Brown 11:47, Holly Tuffnail 11:53, David Tuffnail 11:54, Harry Edwards 12:09, Paul Bryant 12:38, Jacob Pooley 13:17, Lily Fiveash 13:27, Matthew Gardner 13:59, Poppie Brown 13:45, Serge Lambert 13:45, Megan Stacey 13:46, Bailey Christian 13:48, Harry Hisnett 13:53, Aidan Fisher 14:25, Millie Edwards 14:40, Bronwyn Davies 14:45, Esme McIntyre 15:16, Megan Davies 15:59, Olivia Williams 16:35, Ellie Fiveash 16:40, Amy Rudd 17:19, William Griffin 19:20, Maggie Pooley 19:30, Cerys Pearce 20:29, Louise Pearce 20:29 and Helena Mueller 21:38.
It was a busy weekend for the club, as it also entered a relay team into first ever the Holkham Half Iron Man.
- 1 Family escape 'devastating fire' that ripped through home
- 2 Leslie 'faster, fitter, happier' after losing 10 stone in four months
- 3 Family pleased with 'huge reaction' thanks to charity Christmas lights
- 4 Man taken to hospital with serious injuries after B1098 crash
- 5 Multiple emergency services at scene after B1098 crash
- 6 Bus ‘wars', Aids, Ely parking and a ’vote for fen man – for fen people’
- 7 Primary school plans for new town take step forward
- 8 House fire that killed two children will not have further electrical checks
- 9 Could you give these pets a home?
- 10 Tributes paid to 'beloved husband' killed crossing road
Pauline Boyd, Mick Stacey and Tim Boyd all travelled to Norfolk to take part in the race which saw entrants swim 1.2 miles, cycle 56 miles and run 13.1 miles.
Boyd swam home in an impressive time of 49 minutes, Stacey cycled to a time of two hours and 36 minutes and Tim Boyd ran his half marathon in one hour and 52 minutes to take the team to 16th in their category.