Squash: Crown Squash Club celebrate a summer of success at presentation evening
- Credit: Archant
Club members of Crown Squash gathered for a supper and presentations of trophies and prizes for the annual club tournaments on Friday evening.
Throughout the summer competitions have been played with some exceptional matches and surprise champions.
The main competition was the Open, with youngster Scott Drewery making a challenge for the title against the experienced Mark Hildred. Scott dominated the first game and it looked like nothing was going to stop him but Hildred clawed his back and got himself into the eventually winning the game 3-2 and securing the title for another year. Youngster Drewery has since gone on to win the Cambridgeshire Boys U17 and U19’s title.
Team Captains Robert Murfitt, John Overcoorde, Rebecca Moore, Steven Bays and Dennis Kowalewsky were all thanked for their hard work over the season during the presentation evening.
Crown Squash presentation evening winners:
You may also want to watch:
Colin Hunt - John Phillips Cup Winner
John Overvoorde - John Phillips R/up
- 1 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 2 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 3 March Town mark long-awaited step five return with opening day defeat
- 4 Abandoned mooring could cost £50,000 to replace, says council
- 5 Town rallies in fight for new hospital
- 6 Did you go to Newmarket Nights? Spot yourself in our gallery
- 7 Teenager, 16, threatened young couple with screwdriver in park
- 8 Sweet Caroline and a dodgy knee - review of Olly Murs at Newmarket Nights
- 9 Drug dealer hid £130,000 at home
- 10 Alleged paedophile released on bail
Andrew Hudyma - John Phillips Plate Winner
Brian Chambers - John Phillips Plate R/up
Scott Drewery - Handicap Winner
Robert Murfitt - Handicap R/up
Lisa Hurrell - Handicap Plate Winner
Colin Hunt - Handicap Plate R/up
Rebecca Moore and Paul Swallow - Doubles Winner
Faye Kowalewsky - Racketball Winner
Paul Swallow - Racketball R/up