Squash: Crown Squash Club celebrate a summer of success at presentation evening
- Credit: Archant
Club members of Crown Squash gathered for a supper and presentations of trophies and prizes for the annual club tournaments on Friday evening.
Throughout the summer competitions have been played with some exceptional matches and surprise champions.
The main competition was the Open, with youngster Scott Drewery making a challenge for the title against the experienced Mark Hildred. Scott dominated the first game and it looked like nothing was going to stop him but Hildred clawed his back and got himself into the eventually winning the game 3-2 and securing the title for another year. Youngster Drewery has since gone on to win the Cambridgeshire Boys U17 and U19’s title.
Team Captains Robert Murfitt, John Overcoorde, Rebecca Moore, Steven Bays and Dennis Kowalewsky were all thanked for their hard work over the season during the presentation evening.
Crown Squash presentation evening winners:
You may also want to watch:
Colin Hunt - John Phillips Cup Winner
John Overvoorde - John Phillips R/up
- 1 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in front of thousands on live video
- 2 Man, 53, found in 'possession of knife' in Queensgate Shopping Centre
- 3 Success after six year battle to get 21 homes approved on factory site
- 4 MP praises 'fantastic' vaccine team after having Covid-19 jab
- 5 Hundreds go bargain hunting in the sun at first car boot since lockdown
- 6 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 7 Empty Wisbech shop earmarked for slots and bingo
- 8 Three derelict cottages ‘would make an ideal renovation project’
- 9 Here are your winners of the Pride of Whittlesey awards
- 10 Letters: Mayor's tribute, poem for a pigeon and letter release refusal
Andrew Hudyma - John Phillips Plate Winner
Brian Chambers - John Phillips Plate R/up
Scott Drewery - Handicap Winner
Robert Murfitt - Handicap R/up
Lisa Hurrell - Handicap Plate Winner
Colin Hunt - Handicap Plate R/up
Rebecca Moore and Paul Swallow - Doubles Winner
Faye Kowalewsky - Racketball Winner
Paul Swallow - Racketball R/up