Squires wins March Squash Club’s marquee Robert Lefevre Handicap tournament
- Credit: Archant
Mark Squires edged out Gig Garner in a thrilling final to win March Squash Club’s annual Robert Lefevre Handicap tournament.
Veteran Garner showed all his experience to take the first game with ease before Squires changed tactics and came through as a 2-1 winner.
The tournament was sponsored by Datashredders and the prizes were presented by Ed Lefevre and his young son Harry.
Lefevre said, “The pre Christmas handicap tournament is a club highlight. It was really good to see that the handicapping worked well, and gave everyone an equal chance of winning. Good for the club and good for the game”.
It is an exciting time for the club - they intend to invest in new heating and court refurbishment.
You may also want to watch:
Chairman Julie Taylor said: “We are one of the best supported clubs in Cambridgeshire and current league county champions. “Membership is rising and new members playing squash or racketball are warmly welcomed.”
Open club nights take part on Monday evenings. For more information, go to www.marchsquashclub.org.uk
- 1 'Amazing team work' at hospital's vaccination clinic
- 2 Man suffers serious injuries after two-vehicle crash on A47
- 3 'Physically and mentally exhausted" Matt in plea to find missing beagle
- 4 Fishing park owners await green light to open third lake
- 5 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer
- 6 Man who spent Christmas alone in intensive care proposes to girlfriend
- 7 Sandbags available ahead as Storm Christoph arrives
- 8 Cops 'cash and carry' raid nets 108 cannabis plants and £100,000
- 9 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
- 10 Neighbours want council to call time on off-licence