Squires wins March Squash Club’s marquee Robert Lefevre Handicap tournament
- Credit: Archant
Mark Squires edged out Gig Garner in a thrilling final to win March Squash Club’s annual Robert Lefevre Handicap tournament.
Veteran Garner showed all his experience to take the first game with ease before Squires changed tactics and came through as a 2-1 winner.
The tournament was sponsored by Datashredders and the prizes were presented by Ed Lefevre and his young son Harry.
Lefevre said, “The pre Christmas handicap tournament is a club highlight. It was really good to see that the handicapping worked well, and gave everyone an equal chance of winning. Good for the club and good for the game”.
It is an exciting time for the club - they intend to invest in new heating and court refurbishment.
You may also want to watch:
Chairman Julie Taylor said: “We are one of the best supported clubs in Cambridgeshire and current league county champions. “Membership is rising and new members playing squash or racketball are warmly welcomed.”
Open club nights take part on Monday evenings. For more information, go to www.marchsquashclub.org.uk
- 1 Police officer sacked for racially abusing colleague at Christmas party
- 2 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 3 Historian who wrote 126 books and spent 64 years bellringing dies aged 90
- 4 BBC drama Casualty storyline to feature pelvic mesh implant scandal
- 5 Police hunt homemade go-kart ‘causing anti-social behaviour’
- 6 Trades group hears of alarming rise in shop worker abuse amid Covid
- 7 Fen farm on more than 200 acres of land up for sale for £2.2million
- 8 Rural crime police recover dog in ‘poor state’ while on site check
- 9 Spectators to be 'kept well away' when 85m chimneys come down
- 10 £1.5 million food store creates 12 jobs