Sssstop the match! King’s Lynn Sunday League game between Sutton St James and Shouldham held up by snake
- Credit: Archant
A Sunday league football match was held up after a snake slithered onto the pitch.
It made the referee delay the starting whistle in Sutton St James clash with Shouldham, in the King’s Lynn and District Sunday League, until it could be removed.
One league official tweeted: “Delay in the @SSJFC V @ShouldhamFC game due to snake on the pitch. Welcome to the Fens.”
Sutton St James FC added: “Delay in play as the resident snake handler removes a snake from the pitch.”
While they managed to give the reptile the red card, Sutton St James didn’t manage to win the game as the Norfolk side quickly addered to their first goal.
You may also want to watch:
As Shouldham took the lead at 3-2, they tweeted: “Where’s that snake?”
The snake didn’t return and Sutton went down 4-2, adding: “Shouldham lads good value for the win. All the best for the rest of the season.”
- 1 Owner's desperate plea - and £500 reward - to find missing dog
- 2 MP visits hospital about to become centre of Covid-19 vaccine rollout
- 3 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
- 4 Rugby club fears vendetta after vandals strike again
- 5 'Big red key' used by cops in dawn raid on suspected drug dealers
- 6 Ditch crash victim seriously injured
- 7 Vaccine roll-out begins, 12 hours a day, seven days a week
- 8 Homes 'siloed on edge of village like old-style council estate'
- 9 Nitrous oxide canisters no laughing matter say Fenland police
- 10 Tributes to 'loving, kind family man' and community stalwart