Sssstop the match! King’s Lynn Sunday League game between Sutton St James and Shouldham held up by snake
- Credit: Archant
A Sunday league football match was held up after a snake slithered onto the pitch.
It made the referee delay the starting whistle in Sutton St James clash with Shouldham, in the King’s Lynn and District Sunday League, until it could be removed.
One league official tweeted: “Delay in the @SSJFC V @ShouldhamFC game due to snake on the pitch. Welcome to the Fens.”
Sutton St James FC added: “Delay in play as the resident snake handler removes a snake from the pitch.”
While they managed to give the reptile the red card, Sutton St James didn’t manage to win the game as the Norfolk side quickly addered to their first goal.
You may also want to watch:
As Shouldham took the lead at 3-2, they tweeted: “Where’s that snake?”
The snake didn’t return and Sutton went down 4-2, adding: “Shouldham lads good value for the win. All the best for the rest of the season.”
- 1 ‘You now have s**t on your face,’ objector to planning scheme told
- 2 Suspected drink-driver, 41, arrested after tip-off from resident
- 3 Man who died in road crash is named
- 4 Police thank eagle-eyed motorist for being ‘right place, right time’
- 5 DJ, 11, branded 'an inspiration' after winning top award
- 6 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in live Facebook video stream
- 7 Photographer amazed by praise thanks to stunning images of space
- 8 Reporter shares mid-treatment stages of teeth transformation
- 9 Entrepreneurs’ lockdown invention wins big at London competition
- 10 Man, 53, found in 'possession of knife' in Queensgate Shopping Centre