Stars from March Soccer School scoop awards at ESF Festival of Football
- Credit: Archant
Football starlets and refereeing prospects from March Soccer School collected a haul of trophies and medals from the ESF’s Festival of Football.
The annual event, held at Butlins in Skegness, invites talents players and referees from around the country to showcase their skills.
This year, March Soccer School sent four teams and three officials to the festival on April 22, and the youngsters returned with prizes and accolades for their efforts.
The school’s under 11 and under 14 sides both won the Fair Play award in their respective age groups for sporting behaviour, and the under 10 and under 13 girls’ teams also picked up individual trophies.
The youngsters received their awards from former Liverpool and Tottenham star, Danny Murphy, and England women’s international, Sue Smith.
You may also want to watch:
The prestigious youth football tournament also included three young talented local referees; Adam Conyard, Dulcie Asher and Rob Conyard, who all received recognition, praise and trophies for officiating.
March Soccer School is currently recruiting new coaches, volunteers and players. For more information, visit www.marchsoccerschool.co.uk, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call Katie on 07753 690393.
- 1 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in front of thousands on live video
- 2 Man, 53, found in 'possession of knife' in Queensgate Shopping Centre
- 3 Success after six year battle to get 21 homes approved on factory site
- 4 MP praises 'fantastic' vaccine team after having Covid-19 jab
- 5 Hundreds go bargain hunting in the sun at first car boot since lockdown
- 6 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 7 Empty Wisbech shop earmarked for slots and bingo
- 8 Three derelict cottages ‘would make an ideal renovation project’
- 9 Here are your winners of the Pride of Whittlesey awards
- 10 Letters: Mayor's tribute, poem for a pigeon and letter release refusal