Stick with it: ‘Back to Hockey’ sessions to be held at Long Sutton
BACK to Hockey is set to launch at Long Sutton Hockey Club - a campaign which aims to encourage more than 15,000 women to return to the sport.
The scheme, which is backed by the England Hockey Board (EHB), will be offered by hundreds of clubs and leisure centres across the country.
Holly Woodford, from the EHB, urged Fenland’s ladies to dust off their hockey sticks - or donate them to a club to help others enjoy the sport.
She said: “Many women may have played hockey at school or for a club but moved away from the game because it’s time consuming, competitive or physically demanding.
“The Back to Hockey sessions provide a superb opportunity for women to get involved in sport in a way that suits their lives.”
You may also want to watch:
Coach Holly Naismith said: “Anyone who’s played hockey knows the sport provides a great workout – burning calories, improving cardiovascular fitness and toning those all important female targets of thighs and bottoms.
“The Back to Hockey sessions will hopefully be popular with women looking for a fun, sociable way to stay in shape.”
- 1 ‘You now have s**t on your face,’ objector to planning scheme told
- 2 Man who died in road crash is named
- 3 Reporter shares mid-treatment stages of teeth transformation
- 4 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in live Facebook video stream
- 5 Wright hopes overseas ace's return boosts March Town play-off hopes
- 6 Man, 53, found in 'possession of knife' in Queensgate Shopping Centre
- 7 Suspected drink-driver, 41, arrested after tip-off from resident
- 8 Police thank eagle-eyed motorist for being ‘right place, right time’
- 9 DJ, 11, branded 'an inspiration' after winning top award
- 10 Success after six year battle to get 21 homes approved on factory site
The scheme starts on June 27 at Peele School Leisure Centre from 6-7pm. For more information or to book your place phone 07957467015, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.englandhockey.co.uk/backtohockey