Stowmarket Town 2-2 March Town United
- Credit: Archant
MARCH Town United fought back twice from a goal down to earn a point at Stowmarket Town on Saturday.
The Hares made the worst possible start, conceding a goal after five minutes, but hit back straight away through Mike Anker.
The defender rose highest at a corner and powered a header into the back of the net to draw March Town United level after 10 minutes.
The Hares once again fell behind after 35 minutes from a penalty after Anker was adjudged to have brought down a Stowmarket Town player in the box.
March Town United started the second half strongly and equalised through Ash Brand, who hammered an unstoppable free-kick past the keeper from just outside the box.
You may also want to watch:
The Hares pressed for a winner but in the end had to settle for the draw.
The result leaves them 12th in Thurlow Nunn Eastern Counties League First Division. Their next league game is at home against Fakenham Town tomorrow night,
- 1 Man charged with murder of woman in her 70s
- 2 Murder suspect is victim's son
- 3 Widow of High Court judge, 77, charged with historical sexual abuse
- 4 Commuter chaos as van blaze causes miles of congestion
- 5 'Unreasonable behaviour' means Steve must pay council's costs of failed appeal
- 6 Firefighters attempted to resuscitate suspected murder victim
- 7 Count admits he 'must carry personally' some blame for losses
- 8 Suspected drink lorry driver threw whiskey and wine bottle from cab
- 9 Police forensics team begin search after death of woman in her 70s
- 10 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after death of woman in her 70s