Stowmarket Town 2-2 March Town United
- Credit: Archant
MARCH Town United fought back twice from a goal down to earn a point at Stowmarket Town on Saturday.
The Hares made the worst possible start, conceding a goal after five minutes, but hit back straight away through Mike Anker.
The defender rose highest at a corner and powered a header into the back of the net to draw March Town United level after 10 minutes.
The Hares once again fell behind after 35 minutes from a penalty after Anker was adjudged to have brought down a Stowmarket Town player in the box.
March Town United started the second half strongly and equalised through Ash Brand, who hammered an unstoppable free-kick past the keeper from just outside the box.
You may also want to watch:
The Hares pressed for a winner but in the end had to settle for the draw.
The result leaves them 12th in Thurlow Nunn Eastern Counties League First Division. Their next league game is at home against Fakenham Town tomorrow night,
- 1 30,000 watch Facebook confrontation of alleged paedophile
- 2 Paedophile caught by cops after preying on 'teenage girls' online
- 3 'Father' found guilty of murdering his teenage daughter
- 4 Missing dog found thanks to drone footage
- 5 Five generations of family members meet up for the first time
- 6 Brexit blamed for plans to flatten Friday Bridge camp and build 100 homes
- 7 Drink driver fleeing traffic cops overturns before being arrested
- 8 HMO plans submitted for village pub
- 9 Heroin worth £1.7m found in holdall in car in St Neots
- 10 Motorist crashes into telephone pole at Wyton