Striker Scott Ginty snubs Wisbech Town in favour of Bishop’s Stortford move
FORMER Ebbsfleet United striker Scott Ginty has snubbed Wisbech Town in favour of a move to Bishop’s Stortford.
The 21-year-old, who was released by Ebbsfleet in November after a series of injury problems, agreed to join the Fenmen last month.
But Blue Square Bet North side Stortford announced Ginty as their latest signing this week.
The news came as a blow to Fenmen boss Steve Appleby who had highlighted Ginty as an exciting player who was “hungry for success”.
Appleby, who is currently on holiday, had moved quickly to reinforce his squad with several summer signings.
You may also want to watch:
But Ginty joins youngster Sam Murphy and winger Denny Escorcio - who have both agreed to join Peterborough Northern Star - on the list of players who will not be pulling on a Wisbech shirt next season.
Utility player Ollie Pinner also looks set to leave and midfielder Lewis Thompson is training with March Town United and Ely City as he considers a switch.
- 1 Homes evacuated as FOUR gas leaks disrupt March
- 2 All roads reopened after gas leaks cause day of disruption
- 3 Driver escapes injury after A14 lorry fire
- 4 20 travelling families park illegally at rugby club
- 5 Hauliers on how they are tackling the HGV driver shortage crisis
- 6 Police disrupt drug dealer's 'oven ready' cannabis stash
- 7 White van driver sought after Passat overturns
- 8 Family farmers win court case against oat milk giants
- 9 Hooded man exposes himself to two women
- 10 Pub closes as owners decide not to sell