Striker Scott Ginty snubs Wisbech Town in favour of Bishop’s Stortford move
FORMER Ebbsfleet United striker Scott Ginty has snubbed Wisbech Town in favour of a move to Bishop’s Stortford.
The 21-year-old, who was released by Ebbsfleet in November after a series of injury problems, agreed to join the Fenmen last month.
But Blue Square Bet North side Stortford announced Ginty as their latest signing this week.
The news came as a blow to Fenmen boss Steve Appleby who had highlighted Ginty as an exciting player who was “hungry for success”.
Appleby, who is currently on holiday, had moved quickly to reinforce his squad with several summer signings.
But Ginty joins youngster Sam Murphy and winger Denny Escorcio - who have both agreed to join Peterborough Northern Star - on the list of players who will not be pulling on a Wisbech shirt next season.
Utility player Ollie Pinner also looks set to leave and midfielder Lewis Thompson is training with March Town United and Ely City as he considers a switch.
- 1 Michaela’s horrific ordeal: ‘My partner threatened to slit my throat and bury me alive’
- 2 Developer claims 109-home estate would be 'wholly appropriate'
- 3 Motorcyclist, 32, injured after A605 crash
- 4 Police shut off A605 after 'single vehicle' crash
- 5 Village life, magistrate in court for failing to clear snow and forced landing
- 6 How do Cambridgeshire Fens' Covid cases compare to November 2020 lockdown?
- 7 Prison for 'lavish lifestyle' drug dealer who hid £18k cash in sock drawer
- 8 Convenience store transformed thanks to £116k facelift
- 9 WATCH: Extinction Rebellion block Amazon warehouse
- 10 Eight things we learned from the prime minister's briefing