Striker Scott Ginty snubs Wisbech Town in favour of Bishop’s Stortford move
FORMER Ebbsfleet United striker Scott Ginty has snubbed Wisbech Town in favour of a move to Bishop’s Stortford.
The 21-year-old, who was released by Ebbsfleet in November after a series of injury problems, agreed to join the Fenmen last month.
But Blue Square Bet North side Stortford announced Ginty as their latest signing this week.
The news came as a blow to Fenmen boss Steve Appleby who had highlighted Ginty as an exciting player who was “hungry for success”.
Appleby, who is currently on holiday, had moved quickly to reinforce his squad with several summer signings.
You may also want to watch:
But Ginty joins youngster Sam Murphy and winger Denny Escorcio - who have both agreed to join Peterborough Northern Star - on the list of players who will not be pulling on a Wisbech shirt next season.
Utility player Ollie Pinner also looks set to leave and midfielder Lewis Thompson is training with March Town United and Ely City as he considers a switch.
- 1 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in front of thousands on live video
- 2 Man, 53, found in 'possession of knife' in Queensgate Shopping Centre
- 3 Success after six year battle to get 21 homes approved on factory site
- 4 MP praises 'fantastic' vaccine team after having Covid-19 jab
- 5 Hundreds go bargain hunting in the sun at first car boot since lockdown
- 6 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 7 Empty Wisbech shop earmarked for slots and bingo
- 8 Three derelict cottages ‘would make an ideal renovation project’
- 9 Here are your winners of the Pride of Whittlesey awards
- 10 Letters: Mayor's tribute, poem for a pigeon and letter release refusal