Striker Scott Ginty snubs Wisbech Town in favour of Bishop’s Stortford move
FORMER Ebbsfleet United striker Scott Ginty has snubbed Wisbech Town in favour of a move to Bishop’s Stortford.
The 21-year-old, who was released by Ebbsfleet in November after a series of injury problems, agreed to join the Fenmen last month.
But Blue Square Bet North side Stortford announced Ginty as their latest signing this week.
The news came as a blow to Fenmen boss Steve Appleby who had highlighted Ginty as an exciting player who was “hungry for success”.
Appleby, who is currently on holiday, had moved quickly to reinforce his squad with several summer signings.
You may also want to watch:
But Ginty joins youngster Sam Murphy and winger Denny Escorcio - who have both agreed to join Peterborough Northern Star - on the list of players who will not be pulling on a Wisbech shirt next season.
Utility player Ollie Pinner also looks set to leave and midfielder Lewis Thompson is training with March Town United and Ely City as he considers a switch.
- 1 Crash boy's mum says he's 'badly shaken but OK'
- 2 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 3 Former Top Gear star Rory Reid spotted filming with Lamborghini
- 4 Covid-19 numbers in Fenland higher than rest of county
- 5 Rapist on bail performed magic tricks for police and security guard
- 6 Council books seven hotels and guest houses for homeless
- 7 Max and Chloe become pioneers of community housing success in Cambs village
- 8 Welcome to Whittlesey - the new UK hotspot for kite surfing?
- 9 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
- 10 Care home 'requires improvement' after unannounced visit