Striker Simon Mowbray leaves Wisbech Town
SUMMER signing Simon Mowbray has left Wisbech Town.
The striker has become the second player to leave the Elgood’s Fenland Stadium this week, after the departure of midfielder Callum Reed.
Fenmen boss Steve Appleby said the decision to part company with both players was based on “purely footballing reasons”.
A statement on the club’s internet forum said: “We wish both players well in their future careers.”
Former Spalding United star Mowbray made just a handful of appearances for the Fenmen after signing for them in July.
You may also want to watch:
Another player who looks set to leave Wisbech is Max Mattless. The young defender is on the verge of signing for March after the collapse of the Fenmen’s reserve team.
- 1 Worst road in Fenland? You'd better believe it
- 2 30,000 watch Facebook confrontation of alleged paedophile
- 3 CCTV released after shopkeeper assaulted in robbery
- 4 Cant's Drove loses 'worst road in the Fens' title
- 5 Town buzzing with buses - for one day only
- 6 Suspected arsonist charged after health centre fire
- 7 Man dies after lorry crashes into trees
- 8 Cambridge Country Show promises 'something for everybody'
- 9 Woman jailed for knife-point robbery
- 10 Eight page enforcement notice wrapped round giant cuppa