Striker Simon Mowbray leaves Wisbech Town
SUMMER signing Simon Mowbray has left Wisbech Town.
The striker has become the second player to leave the Elgood’s Fenland Stadium this week, after the departure of midfielder Callum Reed.
Fenmen boss Steve Appleby said the decision to part company with both players was based on “purely footballing reasons”.
A statement on the club’s internet forum said: “We wish both players well in their future careers.”
Former Spalding United star Mowbray made just a handful of appearances for the Fenmen after signing for them in July.
You may also want to watch:
Another player who looks set to leave Wisbech is Max Mattless. The young defender is on the verge of signing for March after the collapse of the Fenmen’s reserve team.
- 1 Owner's desperate plea - and £500 reward - to find missing dog
- 2 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
- 3 'Bed-bound, my body felt exasperated' - reporter shares battle with Covid-19
- 4 MP visits hospital about to become centre of Covid-19 vaccine rollout
- 5 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer
- 6 Rugby club fears vendetta after vandals strike again
- 7 Nitrous oxide canisters no laughing matter say Fenland police
- 8 Overgrown ditch ‘hasn’t been maintained for at least eight years’
- 9 Coroner records Wisbech teenager’s death as suicide