Striker Simon Mowbray leaves Wisbech Town
SUMMER signing Simon Mowbray has left Wisbech Town.
The striker has become the second player to leave the Elgood’s Fenland Stadium this week, after the departure of midfielder Callum Reed.
Fenmen boss Steve Appleby said the decision to part company with both players was based on “purely footballing reasons”.
A statement on the club’s internet forum said: “We wish both players well in their future careers.”
Former Spalding United star Mowbray made just a handful of appearances for the Fenmen after signing for them in July.
You may also want to watch:
Another player who looks set to leave Wisbech is Max Mattless. The young defender is on the verge of signing for March after the collapse of the Fenmen’s reserve team.
- 1 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in front of thousands on live video
- 2 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 3 Hundreds go bargain hunting in the sun at first car boot since lockdown
- 4 Three derelict cottages ‘would make an ideal renovation project’
- 5 Residents urged to take twice-weekly rapid Covid-19 tests
- 6 Cheers! Busy first weekend back for pub post-lockdown
- 7 Dramatic drop in face-to-face GP appointments
- 8 Empty Wisbech shop earmarked for slots and bingo
- 9 Police officer sacked for racially abusing colleague at Christmas party
- 10 High Sheriff of Cambridgeshire honoured with new role