Stuart sets his sights on national tournaments
GUYHIRN martial artist Stuart Murat has the UK Championships in his sights following a morale-boosting performance in his first ever England Championships. Stuart, 11, who studies with the Carter School of Taekwon-do, in Wisbech, joined more than 250 oth
GUYHIRN martial artist Stuart Murat has the UK Championships in his sights following a morale-boosting performance in his first ever England Championships.
Stuart, 11, who studies with the Carter School of Taekwon-do, in Wisbech, joined more than 250 other competitors from across the country in the fiercely competitive tournament, in Crawley.
Stuart was entered in to the under-13 patterns, sparring and special techniques categories.
Despite missing out on medals, he enjoyed the experience.
You may also want to watch:
Stuart said: "It was my first national competition and I learned a lot. The best thing about the tournament was meeting the Grand Master Rhee, the president of the International Taekwon-do Federation.
"He signed my programme and gave me lots of encouragement."
- 1 Alternative banking available as local branch closes
- 2 Mother sends warning over 'disgraceful' care of six-year-old daughter
- 3 Pink Cadillacs, sports cars and a VW Beetle: Students arrive in style for their leavers' prom
- 4 Aquapark boss hits back at threat of enforcement
- 5 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in East Cambs and Fenland
- 6 Hospitals temporarily reintroduce restrictions for visitors
- 7 Students dare to dream of England Lionesses spot after trial success
- 8 March lorry and cyclist collision: Eye-witness saw ‘boy laid in the road’
- 9 Man killed in Estover Road motorbike crash named by police
- 10 AN APOLOGY: The Gables in Chatteris
Stuart will be competing with his mum, Dawn, in the Cambridgeshire Open Championships before turning his attention to the UK Championships, to be held in Sheffield, in November.
Stuart said: "I am going to work really hard over the next few weeks so that I can do the very best I can."
The Carter School of Taekwon-do trains at the Hudson Leisure Centre, Wisbech, on Monday, Wednesday and Friday evenings. Classes run from 6pm to 7pm and a student's first lesson is free.