Stuart sets his sights on national tournaments
GUYHIRN martial artist Stuart Murat has the UK Championships in his sights following a morale-boosting performance in his first ever England Championships. Stuart, 11, who studies with the Carter School of Taekwon-do, in Wisbech, joined more than 250 oth
GUYHIRN martial artist Stuart Murat has the UK Championships in his sights following a morale-boosting performance in his first ever England Championships.
Stuart, 11, who studies with the Carter School of Taekwon-do, in Wisbech, joined more than 250 other competitors from across the country in the fiercely competitive tournament, in Crawley.
Stuart was entered in to the under-13 patterns, sparring and special techniques categories.
Despite missing out on medals, he enjoyed the experience.
You may also want to watch:
Stuart said: "It was my first national competition and I learned a lot. The best thing about the tournament was meeting the Grand Master Rhee, the president of the International Taekwon-do Federation.
"He signed my programme and gave me lots of encouragement."
- 1 Dr Nik 'over the moon' after pulling off shock Labour victory
- 2 Dr Nik Johnson elected Mayor of Cambridgeshire and Peterborough.
- 3 NHS doctor ‘banned from describing himself as ‘Dr’ on ballot paper’
- 4 Steve Count 'no doubt' Tories will review 'our performance' as his future is decided
- 5 Connor tops poll as Tories retained Fenland dominance on county council
- 6 Expect 'honesty and integrity' says new police and crime commissioner
- 7 Election 2021: Wisbech West tops poll for lowest turnout
- 8 Free bus travel for 16 to 18 year-olds pledged by Labour candidate for mayor
- 9 Warner Bros spotted filming new Batman movie at Burghley House
- 10 Election shock: Tories lose overall control of Cambridgeshire County Council
Stuart will be competing with his mum, Dawn, in the Cambridgeshire Open Championships before turning his attention to the UK Championships, to be held in Sheffield, in November.
Stuart said: "I am going to work really hard over the next few weeks so that I can do the very best I can."
The Carter School of Taekwon-do trains at the Hudson Leisure Centre, Wisbech, on Monday, Wednesday and Friday evenings. Classes run from 6pm to 7pm and a student's first lesson is free.