Stuart sets his sights on national tournaments
GUYHIRN martial artist Stuart Murat has the UK Championships in his sights following a morale-boosting performance in his first ever England Championships. Stuart, 11, who studies with the Carter School of Taekwon-do, in Wisbech, joined more than 250 oth
GUYHIRN martial artist Stuart Murat has the UK Championships in his sights following a morale-boosting performance in his first ever England Championships.
Stuart, 11, who studies with the Carter School of Taekwon-do, in Wisbech, joined more than 250 other competitors from across the country in the fiercely competitive tournament, in Crawley.
Stuart was entered in to the under-13 patterns, sparring and special techniques categories.
Despite missing out on medals, he enjoyed the experience.
You may also want to watch:
Stuart said: "It was my first national competition and I learned a lot. The best thing about the tournament was meeting the Grand Master Rhee, the president of the International Taekwon-do Federation.
"He signed my programme and gave me lots of encouragement."
- 1 ‘You now have s**t on your face,’ objector to planning scheme told
- 2 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in live Facebook video stream
- 3 Man, 53, found in 'possession of knife' in Queensgate Shopping Centre
- 4 Man who died in road crash is named
- 5 Success after six year battle to get 21 homes approved on factory site
- 6 Reporter shares mid-treatment stages of teeth transformation
- 7 Wright hopes overseas ace's return boosts March Town play-off hopes
- 8 Hundreds go bargain hunting in the sun at first car boot since lockdown
- 9 MP praises 'fantastic' vaccine team after having Covid-19 jab
- 10 Here are your winners of the Pride of Whittlesey awards
Stuart will be competing with his mum, Dawn, in the Cambridgeshire Open Championships before turning his attention to the UK Championships, to be held in Sheffield, in November.
Stuart said: "I am going to work really hard over the next few weeks so that I can do the very best I can."
The Carter School of Taekwon-do trains at the Hudson Leisure Centre, Wisbech, on Monday, Wednesday and Friday evenings. Classes run from 6pm to 7pm and a student's first lesson is free.