Stunning line-up planned for March Amateur Boxing Club’s sold-out show
FENLAND’S most powerful boxers are set to take to the ring in front of a full house for March Amateur Boxing Club’s show on Friday night.
Crowds will pack the March Braza for the sold-out show - with coaches hoping that more than 10 bouts will go ahead.
March ABC talents Danny Hedges, Conor Crosby, Mark Crosby, Ambrose Draper, Purce Baxter, Cole Stevens and Harry Rody are all hoping to compete.
There may also be a fight for Chatteris star Jordan Gill - with an opponent thought to have been found for the Clubs for Young People British Champion.
Head Coach Bernie Wing said: “It’s brilliant to get all the young lads in the ring in front of a full house.
You may also want to watch:
“Our lads are getting to the top of their class. They are getting better and better. There are so many good boxers in the Fens.
“In our 2009 show we won seven fights out of seven. I’d love to see eight out of eight this time - that doesn’t happen often but you never know.”
- 1 ‘You now have s**t on your face,’ objector to planning scheme told
- 2 Man escapes ‘shocking case’ of modern slavery at hand car wash
- 3 Suspected drink-driver, 41, arrested after tip-off from resident
- 4 WATCH: Air ambulances can't land after hospital helipad wrecked by US aircraft
- 5 Photographer amazed by praise thanks to stunning images of space
- 6 NHS hired conman on £320,000 five months after he was unmasked
- 7 Man who died in road crash is named
- 8 DJ, 11, branded 'an inspiration' after winning top award
- 9 Police thank eagle-eyed motorist for being ‘right place, right time’
- 10 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in live Facebook video stream
Vicky Larham, the first female boxer ever to pull on the gloves for March ABC, is also set to make her home debut ahead of the Novice Championships in May.
Wing said: “Vicky has always been up at the club training for different sports and it’s really nice to see her doing so well with boxing.
“She’s a bit nervous but she’s the sort of character who will come out all guns blazing.”
• Elsewhere, Chatteris ABC star Ryan Ducker put in a fantastic performance to beat Raj Chaudri in Cambridge on Saturday.
Coach Paul Gill said: “Ryan is coming on well, he is young and is picking up new skills all the time. He will be one to watch in the future.”