March Town Cricket Club U19 team played in the Vitality Eastern Region U19 club T/20 finals
- Credit: Archant
March Town Cricket Club U19 team played in the Vitality Eastern Region U19 club T/20 finals day at Bedford Cricket Club on Monday.
The “March Crows” qualified by beating Chatteris, Wisbech and Cambridge St. Giles in the earlier rounds.
In the second semi final March played Redbourn from Hertfordshire.
Redbourn scored 78 for 7 having been reduced to 23 for 6 by Connor Porter 3 for 14 and Ross Clarke 2 for 10.
In reply Ben Chapman 37* and Ross Clarke 28* saw March reach 80 for 1 off 12.3 overs.
In the other semi final Luton Town and Indians CC beat Peterborough Town CC.
In the final Luton Town and Indians CC batted first against March and totalled 128 for 7 off their 20 overs.
- 1 Man taken to hospital with serious injuries after B1098 crash
- 2 Multiple emergency services at scene after B1098 crash
- 3 Cambridgeshire individual diagnosed with Covid-19 Omicron variant
- 4 Four charged with modern slavery crimes on one woman
- 5 Family pleased with 'huge reaction' thanks to charity Christmas lights
- 6 Dental practice plan move to business park
- 7 Trainspotters catch Duchess of Sutherland whistling through Fens
- 8 Isabella, 10, impresses to win top prize ahead of Whittlesey Extravaganza
- 9 Tributes paid to 'beloved husband' killed crossing road
- 10 Man who died in St Neots crash is named
Ross Clarke 2 for 29 and Sam Clarke 2 for 27 were the leading wicket takers.
In reply the March Crows fell short reaching 113 for 6.
Will Curtis 22* and Rob Conyard 19 batted well but the opposition middle order bowlers bowled a very tight line and length making run scoring difficult.
Club chairman Les Mills “The boys played very well to reach the Eastern Region Finals Day and although they fell short by 15 runs in the final we are very proud of their efforts.
“It was a great all round team effort and they played some great cricket throughout the competition.”