March Town Cricket Club U19 team played in the Vitality Eastern Region U19 club T/20 finals
- Credit: Archant
March Town Cricket Club U19 team played in the Vitality Eastern Region U19 club T/20 finals day at Bedford Cricket Club on Monday.
The “March Crows” qualified by beating Chatteris, Wisbech and Cambridge St. Giles in the earlier rounds.
In the second semi final March played Redbourn from Hertfordshire.
Redbourn scored 78 for 7 having been reduced to 23 for 6 by Connor Porter 3 for 14 and Ross Clarke 2 for 10.
In reply Ben Chapman 37* and Ross Clarke 28* saw March reach 80 for 1 off 12.3 overs.
In the other semi final Luton Town and Indians CC beat Peterborough Town CC.
In the final Luton Town and Indians CC batted first against March and totalled 128 for 7 off their 20 overs.
- 1 Cambridgeshire man stabbed partner in the neck while she held their baby
- 2 Drug driver attacked man with metal pole and spat at police
- 3 Pupils tell Ofsted school so good they don't want to leave
- 4 March set to light a beacon for Platinum Jubilee
- 5 Change of plan for A142 Mepal bridge works as July closures announced
- 6 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
- 7 Man who ran 'fly-tippers paradise’ faces £32,000 bill
- 8 Wembley debut 'a highlight of my career' for footballer Reece
- 9 100th birthday for Clovelly House resident
- 10 Every household in the UK to get £400 to help with rising energy bills
Ross Clarke 2 for 29 and Sam Clarke 2 for 27 were the leading wicket takers.
In reply the March Crows fell short reaching 113 for 6.
Will Curtis 22* and Rob Conyard 19 batted well but the opposition middle order bowlers bowled a very tight line and length making run scoring difficult.
Club chairman Les Mills “The boys played very well to reach the Eastern Region Finals Day and although they fell short by 15 runs in the final we are very proud of their efforts.
“It was a great all round team effort and they played some great cricket throughout the competition.”