March Town Cricket Club U19 team played in the Vitality Eastern Region U19 club T/20 finals
- Credit: Archant
March Town Cricket Club U19 team played in the Vitality Eastern Region U19 club T/20 finals day at Bedford Cricket Club on Monday.
The “March Crows” qualified by beating Chatteris, Wisbech and Cambridge St. Giles in the earlier rounds.
In the second semi final March played Redbourn from Hertfordshire.
Redbourn scored 78 for 7 having been reduced to 23 for 6 by Connor Porter 3 for 14 and Ross Clarke 2 for 10.
In reply Ben Chapman 37* and Ross Clarke 28* saw March reach 80 for 1 off 12.3 overs.
You may also want to watch:
In the other semi final Luton Town and Indians CC beat Peterborough Town CC.
In the final Luton Town and Indians CC batted first against March and totalled 128 for 7 off their 20 overs.
- 1 Man charged with murder of woman in her 70s
- 2 Murder suspect is victim's son
- 3 Widow of High Court judge, 77, charged with historical sexual abuse
- 4 Firefighters attempted to resuscitate suspected murder victim
- 5 Commuter chaos as van blaze causes miles of congestion
- 6 'Unreasonable behaviour' means Steve must pay council's costs of failed appeal
- 7 Suspected drink lorry driver threw whiskey and wine bottle from cab
- 8 Count admits he 'must carry personally' some blame for losses
- 9 Police forensics team begin search after death of woman in her 70s
- 10 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after death of woman in her 70s
Ross Clarke 2 for 29 and Sam Clarke 2 for 27 were the leading wicket takers.
In reply the March Crows fell short reaching 113 for 6.
Will Curtis 22* and Rob Conyard 19 batted well but the opposition middle order bowlers bowled a very tight line and length making run scoring difficult.
Club chairman Les Mills “The boys played very well to reach the Eastern Region Finals Day and although they fell short by 15 runs in the final we are very proud of their efforts.
“It was a great all round team effort and they played some great cricket throughout the competition.”