IT IS only a year since Charlotte Nicholls took up gymnastics, but the seven-year-old, from Whittlesey, is already making an impression. Park Lane Primary school student Charlotte produced a great performance in a Huntingdon and Cambridgeshire Amateur Gym
IT IS only a year since Charlotte Nicholls took up gymnastics, but the seven-year-old, from Whittlesey, is already making an impression.
Park Lane Primary school student Charlotte produced a great performance in a Huntingdon and Cambridgeshire Amateur Gymnastics competition.
Her floor routine earned her a silver medal in the discipline and Charlotte came away with an excellent fourth place finish overall.
The youngster's talent and commitment to 11 hours of training per week was also rewarded when she won the most promising newcomer award at the Sims Gymnastics Club, in Peterborough.
Karen Sim, owner of the club and Charlotte's coach, said: "She really stood out in the recreational classes and she quickly moved to the development class and then the A squad.
"She was very unlucky not to get a medal at the county floor and vault championships.
- 1 Honda, Seat and Toyota crash on A141
- 2 Crews tackle blaze in Wisbech
- 3 Arson arrest after Wisbech blaze
- 4 Man charged with attempted murder as stab victim is found
- 5 Man assaulted woman and verbally abused hotel staff
- 6 Fenland man repeatedly raped woman for 20 years
- 7 Domestic abuser tried to strangle and suffocate mother of his child
- 8 Man charged following Peterborough murder
- 9 Clarion Housing ‘cyber incident’ affects thousands of tenants
- 10 Man dies after van and lorry crash on A141
"It is not just her natural ability that makes her special but also her attitude, determination and focus.
"Charlotte is gaining in confidence and I think she will go a long way in the sport.
"I am very proud of her and I think that Charlotte is one of the brightest talents I have seen in a long time."
The Sims Gymnastics Club is becoming increasingly popular with youngsters and it has produced county and regional champions as well as national medallists.
Karen is hoping to attract sponsorship to the expanding club and train new coaches who wish to get involved in the sport.
For more information, call Karen Sim on 07742 398549 or e-mail email@example.com