IT IS only a year since Charlotte Nicholls took up gymnastics, but the seven-year-old, from Whittlesey, is already making an impression. Park Lane Primary school student Charlotte produced a great performance in a Huntingdon and Cambridgeshire Amateur Gym
IT IS only a year since Charlotte Nicholls took up gymnastics, but the seven-year-old, from Whittlesey, is already making an impression.
Park Lane Primary school student Charlotte produced a great performance in a Huntingdon and Cambridgeshire Amateur Gymnastics competition.
Her floor routine earned her a silver medal in the discipline and Charlotte came away with an excellent fourth place finish overall.
The youngster's talent and commitment to 11 hours of training per week was also rewarded when she won the most promising newcomer award at the Sims Gymnastics Club, in Peterborough.
You may also want to watch:
Karen Sim, owner of the club and Charlotte's coach, said: "She really stood out in the recreational classes and she quickly moved to the development class and then the A squad.
"She was very unlucky not to get a medal at the county floor and vault championships.
- 1 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 2 Abandoned mooring could cost £50,000 to replace, says council
- 3 Lorry driver who died in B1085 crash named
- 4 What are the outstanding and good schools in Cambridgeshire?
- 5 Drug dealer hid £130,000 at home
- 6 Teenager, 16, threatened young couple with screwdriver in park
- 7 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 8 Alleged paedophile released on bail
- 9 Girl, 15, in late night stand-off with train on rural line
- 10 Knife attack man jailed for 10 years over £20 'debt'
"It is not just her natural ability that makes her special but also her attitude, determination and focus.
"Charlotte is gaining in confidence and I think she will go a long way in the sport.
"I am very proud of her and I think that Charlotte is one of the brightest talents I have seen in a long time."
The Sims Gymnastics Club is becoming increasingly popular with youngsters and it has produced county and regional champions as well as national medallists.
Karen is hoping to attract sponsorship to the expanding club and train new coaches who wish to get involved in the sport.
For more information, call Karen Sim on 07742 398549 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org