NON-LEAGUE FOOTBALL: March Town continue fine league form, but crash out of county cup
- Credit: Archant
March Town continued their Thurlow Nunn League First Division North rise with a third successive league win last Saturday.
Brett Whaley’s men triumphed 3-1 at AFC Sudbury Reserves thanks to a double-strike from Toby Allen and a Max Mattless goal after trailing at half-time.
“It was a really good second-half showing against a decent side,” said Whaley. “It was another case of us showing improvement despite not quite stringing together a full 90-minute performance.”
But Whaley was far from happy as his side’s winning run came to an end when they suffered a first-round exit from the Cambs Invitation Cup on Tuesday night.
They were beaten 2-0 by lower-level Linton Granta at the GER and Whaley admitted: “That was embarrassing. We were nowhere near the standards we’ve set lately and let ourselves down.
You may also want to watch:
“Hopefully it serves as a wake-up call for us and we need to be better this weekend.”
March host fourth-placed Norwich CBS in a First Division North clash at the GER, 3pm.
- 1 Family remembers 'cheeky, friendly and well-liked' mechanic
- 2 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 3 Body found in Wisbech road
- 4 Diamond celebrations for former mayor and council chairman
- 5 Chatteris firm with £20m growth plan
- 6 ‘High risk’ paedophile had indecent images of children on his phone
- 7 Crash driver four and a half times over drink drive limit
- 8 Survey finds staggering 97 cent support for new Aldi store
- 9 Man confronted in live stream cleared of all sex abuse allegations
- 10 Students highlight road safety in new films