NON-LEAGUE FOOTBALL: March Town continue fine league form, but crash out of county cup
- Credit: Archant
March Town continued their Thurlow Nunn League First Division North rise with a third successive league win last Saturday.
Brett Whaley’s men triumphed 3-1 at AFC Sudbury Reserves thanks to a double-strike from Toby Allen and a Max Mattless goal after trailing at half-time.
“It was a really good second-half showing against a decent side,” said Whaley. “It was another case of us showing improvement despite not quite stringing together a full 90-minute performance.”
But Whaley was far from happy as his side’s winning run came to an end when they suffered a first-round exit from the Cambs Invitation Cup on Tuesday night.
They were beaten 2-0 by lower-level Linton Granta at the GER and Whaley admitted: “That was embarrassing. We were nowhere near the standards we’ve set lately and let ourselves down.
You may also want to watch:
“Hopefully it serves as a wake-up call for us and we need to be better this weekend.”
March host fourth-placed Norwich CBS in a First Division North clash at the GER, 3pm.
- 1 Spectators to be 'kept well away' when 85m chimneys come down
- 2 Retrospective bid for travellers' site
- 3 Council road sweeper vehicle involved in collision with car
- 4 Duke's death in midst of unprecedented times for country
- 5 Residents escape kitchen fire after bank holiday blaze
- 6 Fenland line-up for Cambridgeshire elections
- 7 Former homeless recreate ‘Lunch atop a Skyscraper’ photograph
- 8 Cambridgeshire mourns death of HRH Prince Philip, The Duke of Edinburgh
- 9 Christine prepares to brave the shave for cancer-battling sister
- 10 Person hit by train between Cambridge and Ely