NON-LEAGUE FOOTBALL: March Town continue fine league form, but crash out of county cup
- Credit: Archant
March Town continued their Thurlow Nunn League First Division North rise with a third successive league win last Saturday.
Brett Whaley’s men triumphed 3-1 at AFC Sudbury Reserves thanks to a double-strike from Toby Allen and a Max Mattless goal after trailing at half-time.
“It was a really good second-half showing against a decent side,” said Whaley. “It was another case of us showing improvement despite not quite stringing together a full 90-minute performance.”
But Whaley was far from happy as his side’s winning run came to an end when they suffered a first-round exit from the Cambs Invitation Cup on Tuesday night.
They were beaten 2-0 by lower-level Linton Granta at the GER and Whaley admitted: “That was embarrassing. We were nowhere near the standards we’ve set lately and let ourselves down.
You may also want to watch:
“Hopefully it serves as a wake-up call for us and we need to be better this weekend.”
March host fourth-placed Norwich CBS in a First Division North clash at the GER, 3pm.
- 1 Man, aged in his 40s, dies after suspected drug-fuelled B1101 crash
- 2 Updates as emergency services rush to major crash blocking B1101
- 3 Covid ban on collecting CCTV says police after cycle theft
- 4 Vaccine centre closure date announced amid 60,000 doses target
- 5 Man dies following crash on Cambridgeshire road
- 6 Hancock admits QEH 'in serious need of improvement' but makes no promises
- 7 Serious crash blocks main road into Fen town
- 8 Chatteris drug dealers handed community orders
- 9 Disgruntled dog owners fall foul of Wetherspoon's dog ban
- 10 Man jailed for sexual relationship with schoolgirl