MANEA gymnast Stevie Harrow has shot up the national rankings after a good performance in the Voluntary Level Two Championships. Stevie, 10, scored well in the event in Gloucester on Sunday and she has improved her national age group ranking from 31st to
MANEA gymnast Stevie Harrow has shot up the national rankings after a good performance in the Voluntary Level Two Championships.
Stevie, 10, scored well in the event in Gloucester on Sunday and she has improved her national age group ranking from 31st to 16th.
She scored consistently throughout and began with a score of 12.300 on the beam, to put her in 12th place.
A good first vault of 10.400 put Stevie in a good position but her only mistake came in the second vault, where a no score gave her an average of 5.200 and 30th place in the event.
You may also want to watch:
However, her final score of 38.850 was combined with the 49.100 secured in the compulsory competition, in Liverpool, in March.
And the total of 87.950 puts her 16th in the Level Two rankings, a result that delighted her father, Steve.
- 1 Spectators to be 'kept well away' when 85m chimneys come down
- 2 Fenland line-up for Cambridgeshire elections
- 3 Residents escape kitchen fire after bank holiday blaze
- 4 Retrospective bid for travellers' site
- 5 Council road sweeper vehicle involved in collision with car
- 6 Videographer captures lifeboat hoist at town boatyard
- 7 12 exciting new businesses to discover when lockdown restrictions ease
- 8 Former homeless recreate ‘Lunch atop a Skyscraper’ photograph
- 9 Alligator-owning farmer stars in new Ross Kemp ITV documentary
- 10 Person hit by train between Cambridge and Ely
He said: "We are very happy with the performance and although Stevie was disappointed with her vault, it didn't really affect her final position."
- WEST Walton Gymnastics Club is seeking your vote in competing for a lucrative sponsorship deal with Norwich Union.
The insurance giant is awarding sponsorship to sports clubs and initiatives throughout the country.
Visitors to the Norwich Union website can vote for their favourite sporting cause and winners will receive bronze, silver and gold sponsorship awards worth up to £50,000.
To vote for West Walton Gymnastics Club, visit the website at www.norwichunion.com follow the 'Make Local Sport a Winner' links and search for West Walton's 'High Vaultage' Gymnastics project in the East of England region.