MANEA gymnast Stevie Harrow has shot up the national rankings after a good performance in the Voluntary Level Two Championships. Stevie, 10, scored well in the event in Gloucester on Sunday and she has improved her national age group ranking from 31st to
MANEA gymnast Stevie Harrow has shot up the national rankings after a good performance in the Voluntary Level Two Championships.
Stevie, 10, scored well in the event in Gloucester on Sunday and she has improved her national age group ranking from 31st to 16th.
She scored consistently throughout and began with a score of 12.300 on the beam, to put her in 12th place.
A good first vault of 10.400 put Stevie in a good position but her only mistake came in the second vault, where a no score gave her an average of 5.200 and 30th place in the event.
However, her final score of 38.850 was combined with the 49.100 secured in the compulsory competition, in Liverpool, in March.
And the total of 87.950 puts her 16th in the Level Two rankings, a result that delighted her father, Steve.
- 1 Both drivers seriously injured after head on crash
- 2 Honda, Seat and Toyota crash on A141
- 3 Chapel conversion withdrawn following stinging rebuke
- 4 Developer going flat out to convert former post office
- 5 Doddington Minor Injuries Unit to temporarily close
- 6 Dealer responsible for £500k worth of drugs caught
- 7 Two women fighting for life after A141 crash
- 8 Top roles confirmed at council owned housing firm
- 9 Man charged with attempted murder as stab victim is found
- 10 Hospitals raise car parking costs for first time in six years
He said: "We are very happy with the performance and although Stevie was disappointed with her vault, it didn't really affect her final position."
- WEST Walton Gymnastics Club is seeking your vote in competing for a lucrative sponsorship deal with Norwich Union.
The insurance giant is awarding sponsorship to sports clubs and initiatives throughout the country.
Visitors to the Norwich Union website can vote for their favourite sporting cause and winners will receive bronze, silver and gold sponsorship awards worth up to £50,000.
To vote for West Walton Gymnastics Club, visit the website at www.norwichunion.com follow the 'Make Local Sport a Winner' links and search for West Walton's 'High Vaultage' Gymnastics project in the East of England region.