Sutton Bridge Golf Club going all out for centenary year
- Credit: Archant
A flag raising ceremony will be held to mark a golf club’s centenary next Tuesday.
Sutton Bridge Golf Club’s first meeting was held on February 18, 1914, at the Bridge Hotel.
The flag will be raised at noon by Brian Bowser, whose grandfather was a founder member.
There will also be a display charting the rise of the club through the years.
Other events being planned for this year are a par three competition in April and a commemorative dinner on May 3.
You may also want to watch:
There will also be a centenary cup competition in July.
A book written by club member Norman Davis about the club’s centenary has sold more than 200 copies.
- 1 Owner's desperate plea - and £500 reward - to find missing dog
- 2 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
- 3 'Bed-bound, my body felt exasperated' - reporter shares battle with Covid-19
- 4 MP visits hospital about to become centre of Covid-19 vaccine rollout
- 5 Rugby club fears vendetta after vandals strike again
- 6 Nitrous oxide canisters no laughing matter say Fenland police
- 7 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer
- 8 Overgrown ditch ‘hasn’t been maintained for at least eight years’
- 9 Coroner records Wisbech teenager’s death as suicide
The ladies section produced an embroidered mural which was unveiled last November.
The book is available at £12 from Mr Davis by calling 01945 582447 or from behind the bar at the golf club on 01406 350323.