Sutton Bridge Golf Club going all out for centenary year
- Credit: Archant
A flag raising ceremony will be held to mark a golf club’s centenary next Tuesday.
Sutton Bridge Golf Club’s first meeting was held on February 18, 1914, at the Bridge Hotel.
The flag will be raised at noon by Brian Bowser, whose grandfather was a founder member.
There will also be a display charting the rise of the club through the years.
Other events being planned for this year are a par three competition in April and a commemorative dinner on May 3.
You may also want to watch:
There will also be a centenary cup competition in July.
A book written by club member Norman Davis about the club’s centenary has sold more than 200 copies.
- 1 Girl, 15, in late night stand-off with train on rural line
- 2 Pupils thrilled to take next step towards England dream
- 3 Jail for 'predator' who raped vulnerable woman in children's play park
- 4 ‘Shovel-ready’ mayor brings key schemes back from the brink
- 5 Threatening domestic abuser tracked and assaulted ex partner of 10 years
- 6 'Savage' attack left man without spleen
- 7 30,000 watch Facebook confrontation of alleged paedophile
- 8 Cant's Drove loses 'worst road in the Fens' title
- 9 7 of the most expensive houses on the market in Cambridgeshire right now
- 10 Pets saved in horrific rescue start to be rehomed
The ladies section produced an embroidered mural which was unveiled last November.
The book is available at £12 from Mr Davis by calling 01945 582447 or from behind the bar at the golf club on 01406 350323.