Sutton Bridge Golf Club going all out for centenary year
- Credit: Archant
A flag raising ceremony will be held to mark a golf club’s centenary next Tuesday.
Sutton Bridge Golf Club’s first meeting was held on February 18, 1914, at the Bridge Hotel.
The flag will be raised at noon by Brian Bowser, whose grandfather was a founder member.
There will also be a display charting the rise of the club through the years.
Other events being planned for this year are a par three competition in April and a commemorative dinner on May 3.
There will also be a centenary cup competition in July.
A book written by club member Norman Davis about the club’s centenary has sold more than 200 copies.
- 1 Boxing club 'absolutely gutted' as mass brawl abandons show
- 2 One arrest and cars seized on busy day for cops
- 3 Wenny Meadow home to rare 'false scorpions', says hidden report
- 4 Mother pays tribute to “much-loved” son who died near Fen Drayton
- 5 Robber attempts to steal scratch card and alcohol from convenience store
- 6 Cambridgeshire's Enhanced Area Status extended amid Covid surge in schools
- 7 Items from Lidl and Sainsbury's recalled over health and safety concerns
- 8 Motorbike set on fire in arson attack
- 9 Cambridgeshire individual diagnosed with Covid-19 Omicron variant
- 10 Karen’s three-course lunch with Mayor of Wisbech
The ladies section produced an embroidered mural which was unveiled last November.
The book is available at £12 from Mr Davis by calling 01945 582447 or from behind the bar at the golf club on 01406 350323.