Swim when you’re winning: Wisbech stars celebrate success in the pool at awards evening
- Credit: Archant
WISBECH Swimming Club’s young stars show off their silverware at the annual awards evening at Mendis.
Head Coach Greg Marsters presented awards to girls captain Emily Pilbeam and boys captain Will Bell.
Lancaster Cups, awarded to the boy and girl age 9-13 with the most club points at the County Championships in 2012, were presented to Hannah Brown and Jack Lane.
The Junior Fenland League Trophy was awarded to Jacob Rhodes.
The Young Volunteer Award was awarded to Liam Carey, while Dianne Prestidge received the Club Volunteer Award.
You may also want to watch:
The Fen Regis Trophy, given to the most improved or most promising swimmer aged 13 and over, went to Robson Pack.
Beth Dennis received the Darren Lynn Trophy, which is awarded to the most improved or most promising swimmer aged 12 and under.
- 1 Police officer sacked for racially abusing colleague at Christmas party
- 2 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 3 Rural crime police recover dog in ‘poor state’ while on site check
- 4 Police hunt homemade go-kart ‘causing anti-social behaviour’
- 5 Historian who wrote 126 books and spent 64 years bellringing dies aged 90
- 6 Fen farm on more than 200 acres of land up for sale for £2.2million
- 7 Heated dining pod and covered decking area at restaurant after garden makeover
- 8 Trades group hears of alarming rise in shop worker abuse amid Covid
- 9 BBC drama Casualty storyline to feature pelvic mesh implant scandal
- 10 Villagers stay strong to earn perfect post-lockdown record
The Arles Trophy, which recognises the club’s most dedicated swimmer, was awarded to Dannii Rayner.