Swim when you’re winning: Wisbech stars celebrate success in the pool at awards evening
- Credit: Archant
WISBECH Swimming Club’s young stars show off their silverware at the annual awards evening at Mendis.
Head Coach Greg Marsters presented awards to girls captain Emily Pilbeam and boys captain Will Bell.
Lancaster Cups, awarded to the boy and girl age 9-13 with the most club points at the County Championships in 2012, were presented to Hannah Brown and Jack Lane.
The Junior Fenland League Trophy was awarded to Jacob Rhodes.
The Young Volunteer Award was awarded to Liam Carey, while Dianne Prestidge received the Club Volunteer Award.
You may also want to watch:
The Fen Regis Trophy, given to the most improved or most promising swimmer aged 13 and over, went to Robson Pack.
Beth Dennis received the Darren Lynn Trophy, which is awarded to the most improved or most promising swimmer aged 12 and under.
- 1 Mother sends warning over 'disgraceful' care of six-year-old daughter
- 2 Students dare to dream of England Lionesses spot after trial success
- 3 Aquapark boss hits back at threat of enforcement
- 4 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in East Cambs and Fenland
- 5 Two drink drivers lose their licences
- 6 Man killed in Estover Road motorbike crash named by police
- 7 March lorry and cyclist collision: Eye-witness saw ‘boy laid in the road’
- 8 7 places to avoid the crowds in Cambs this summer
- 9 Live updates as cyclist is ‘hit by lorry’ near March secondary school
- 10 Hospitals temporarily reintroduce restrictions for visitors
The Arles Trophy, which recognises the club’s most dedicated swimmer, was awarded to Dannii Rayner.