Swim when you’re winning: Wisbech stars celebrate success in the pool at awards evening
- Credit: Archant
WISBECH Swimming Club’s young stars show off their silverware at the annual awards evening at Mendis.
Head Coach Greg Marsters presented awards to girls captain Emily Pilbeam and boys captain Will Bell.
Lancaster Cups, awarded to the boy and girl age 9-13 with the most club points at the County Championships in 2012, were presented to Hannah Brown and Jack Lane.
The Junior Fenland League Trophy was awarded to Jacob Rhodes.
The Young Volunteer Award was awarded to Liam Carey, while Dianne Prestidge received the Club Volunteer Award.
You may also want to watch:
The Fen Regis Trophy, given to the most improved or most promising swimmer aged 13 and over, went to Robson Pack.
Beth Dennis received the Darren Lynn Trophy, which is awarded to the most improved or most promising swimmer aged 12 and under.
- 1 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 2 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 3 161-mile trip from Yorkshire to Fen village ends in Covid breach fine
- 4 Stolen American-style fridge was lifted over 10ft security fence
- 5 Crash boy's mum says he's 'badly shaken but OK'
- 6 Dad has 'much more energy to run around' with son after losing four stone
- 7 MP wants an end to floods misery in the Fens
- 8 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 9 First large-scale Cambs Covid-19 vaccination centres open this week
- 10 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer
The Arles Trophy, which recognises the club’s most dedicated swimmer, was awarded to Dannii Rayner.