Swim when you’re winning: Wisbech stars celebrate success in the pool at awards evening
- Credit: Archant
WISBECH Swimming Club’s young stars show off their silverware at the annual awards evening at Mendis.
Head Coach Greg Marsters presented awards to girls captain Emily Pilbeam and boys captain Will Bell.
Lancaster Cups, awarded to the boy and girl age 9-13 with the most club points at the County Championships in 2012, were presented to Hannah Brown and Jack Lane.
The Junior Fenland League Trophy was awarded to Jacob Rhodes.
The Young Volunteer Award was awarded to Liam Carey, while Dianne Prestidge received the Club Volunteer Award.
The Fen Regis Trophy, given to the most improved or most promising swimmer aged 13 and over, went to Robson Pack.
Beth Dennis received the Darren Lynn Trophy, which is awarded to the most improved or most promising swimmer aged 12 and under.
- 1 Wembley debut 'a highlight of my career' for footballer Reece
- 2 March set to light a beacon for Platinum Jubilee
- 3 Cambridgeshire man stabbed partner in the neck while she held their baby
- 4 Drug driver attacked man with metal pole and spat at police
- 5 Village barn struck by arsonists in 4am blaze
- 6 Jon serves up a painting fit for Her Majesty
- 7 Arsonist firebombed GP surgery after doctors refused to give him heroin
- 8 Long queues at Peterborough passport office ahead of holiday season
- 9 Change of plan for A142 Mepal bridge works as July closures announced
- 10 Pupils tell Ofsted school so good they don't want to leave
The Arles Trophy, which recognises the club’s most dedicated swimmer, was awarded to Dannii Rayner.