SWIMMING: March Marlins impress at opening round of Senior Fenland League
- Credit: Archant
The March Marlins are celebrating after storming to success in the opening round of the Senior Fenland League last weekend.
The local swimmers triumphed in Newmarket thanks to top performances from over a dozen members, including national title holder Danielle Rayner, who recorded two new personal bests in the 100m freestyle and 100m relay.
Also in fine form was Georgia Ambrose, who swam to a new personal best in the 100m and 100m backstroke, and Graham Shaw, who beat his own record in the 100m fly.
Regional talent Thomas Hanley was also among those to record a new best time, impressing in the 100m freestyle, while Hayden Courten chalked up two new personal bests.
Jacob Cowin competed well in three races on the day, recording a new best time in the 100m backstroke.
You may also want to watch:
The youngsters’ impressive displays, including a win in the relay, saw the Marlins record 158 points, two more than rivals Diss Otters.
- 1 Success after six year battle to get 21 homes approved on factory site
- 2 Man, 53, found in 'possession of knife' in Queensgate Shopping Centre
- 3 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in front of thousands on live video
- 4 Man who died in road crash is named
- 5 MP praises 'fantastic' vaccine team after having Covid-19 jab
- 6 Here are your winners of the Pride of Whittlesey awards
- 7 Letters: Mayor's tribute, poem for a pigeon and letter release refusal
- 8 Hundreds go bargain hunting in the sun at first car boot since lockdown
- 9 Matilda, 9, sold her dolls to raise money for charity close to her heart
- 10 Three derelict cottages ‘would make an ideal renovation project’