SWIMMING: March Marlins impress at opening round of Senior Fenland League
- Credit: Archant
The March Marlins are celebrating after storming to success in the opening round of the Senior Fenland League last weekend.
The local swimmers triumphed in Newmarket thanks to top performances from over a dozen members, including national title holder Danielle Rayner, who recorded two new personal bests in the 100m freestyle and 100m relay.
Also in fine form was Georgia Ambrose, who swam to a new personal best in the 100m and 100m backstroke, and Graham Shaw, who beat his own record in the 100m fly.
Regional talent Thomas Hanley was also among those to record a new best time, impressing in the 100m freestyle, while Hayden Courten chalked up two new personal bests.
Jacob Cowin competed well in three races on the day, recording a new best time in the 100m backstroke.
You may also want to watch:
The youngsters’ impressive displays, including a win in the relay, saw the Marlins record 158 points, two more than rivals Diss Otters.
- 1 'Amazing team work' at hospital's vaccination clinic
- 2 'Physically and mentally exhausted" Matt in plea to find missing beagle
- 3 Man suffers serious injuries after two-vehicle crash on A47
- 4 Sandbags available ahead as Storm Christoph arrives
- 5 Cops 'cash and carry' raid nets 108 cannabis plants and £100,000
- 6 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer
- 7 'Well, here's another nice mess you've gotten me into'
- 8 Fifteen flood alerts in place amid 'stay indoors' warning
- 9 Fishing park owners await green light to open third lake
- 10 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years