SWIMMING: March Marlins impress at opening round of Senior Fenland League
- Credit: Archant
The March Marlins are celebrating after storming to success in the opening round of the Senior Fenland League last weekend.
The local swimmers triumphed in Newmarket thanks to top performances from over a dozen members, including national title holder Danielle Rayner, who recorded two new personal bests in the 100m freestyle and 100m relay.
Also in fine form was Georgia Ambrose, who swam to a new personal best in the 100m and 100m backstroke, and Graham Shaw, who beat his own record in the 100m fly.
Regional talent Thomas Hanley was also among those to record a new best time, impressing in the 100m freestyle, while Hayden Courten chalked up two new personal bests.
Jacob Cowin competed well in three races on the day, recording a new best time in the 100m backstroke.
You may also want to watch:
The youngsters’ impressive displays, including a win in the relay, saw the Marlins record 158 points, two more than rivals Diss Otters.
- 1 Alternative banking available as local branch closes
- 2 Mother sends warning over 'disgraceful' care of six-year-old daughter
- 3 Pink Cadillacs, sports cars and a VW Beetle: Students arrive in style for their leavers' prom
- 4 Aquapark boss hits back at threat of enforcement
- 5 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in East Cambs and Fenland
- 6 Hospitals temporarily reintroduce restrictions for visitors
- 7 Students dare to dream of England Lionesses spot after trial success
- 8 March lorry and cyclist collision: Eye-witness saw ‘boy laid in the road’
- 9 Man killed in Estover Road motorbike crash named by police
- 10 Live updates as cyclist is ‘hit by lorry’ near March secondary school