SWIMMING: Personal bests tumble as March Marlins storm to success at three events
- Credit: Archant
It has been a busy few weeks for the March Marlins.
The Fenland club kicked off their hectic schedule at the Larking at the Lark competition in Mildenhall, recording an impressive 17 personal bests.
Ashleigh Mason claimed two of those, in the 25m fly and 50m breaststroke, alongside Ewan Dickerson, Connor Rickard and Jacon Cowin.
The Marlins performed well again at the a Club Championships, recording a whopping 78 new personal best times, including five apiece from Graham Shaw, Jude Staton, Ross Wisby, Henry Gooch and Luke Ruggles. Deanna Rayner gained four, while Jessica Tull and Rebecca Jordan took three.
The Marlins then went to the ASA East Region Open Water Championships and Joel Jordan, Mark Thompson and Marie Doherty all scooped gold medals, while Emily Morris won bronze in the 1500m.
You may also want to watch:
Jordan, Thompson, Doherty and Olivia Tunley were also the recipients of Cambs County gold medals.
- 1 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 2 Former Top Gear star Rory Reid spotted filming with Lamborghini
- 3 Crash boy's mum says he's 'badly shaken but OK'
- 4 Covid-19 numbers in Fenland higher than rest of county
- 5 Rapist on bail performed magic tricks for police and security guard
- 6 Council books seven hotels and guest houses for homeless
- 7 Welcome to Whittlesey - the new UK hotspot for kite surfing?
- 8 Max and Chloe become pioneers of community housing success in Cambs village
- 9 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
- 10 'Amazing team work' at hospital's vaccination clinic