SWIMMING: Personal bests tumble as March Marlins storm to success at three events
- Credit: Archant
It has been a busy few weeks for the March Marlins.
The Fenland club kicked off their hectic schedule at the Larking at the Lark competition in Mildenhall, recording an impressive 17 personal bests.
Ashleigh Mason claimed two of those, in the 25m fly and 50m breaststroke, alongside Ewan Dickerson, Connor Rickard and Jacon Cowin.
The Marlins performed well again at the a Club Championships, recording a whopping 78 new personal best times, including five apiece from Graham Shaw, Jude Staton, Ross Wisby, Henry Gooch and Luke Ruggles. Deanna Rayner gained four, while Jessica Tull and Rebecca Jordan took three.
The Marlins then went to the ASA East Region Open Water Championships and Joel Jordan, Mark Thompson and Marie Doherty all scooped gold medals, while Emily Morris won bronze in the 1500m.
You may also want to watch:
Jordan, Thompson, Doherty and Olivia Tunley were also the recipients of Cambs County gold medals.
- 1 Alternative banking available as local branch closes
- 2 Pink Cadillacs, sports cars and a VW Beetle: Students arrive in style for their leavers' prom
- 3 AN APOLOGY: The Gables in Chatteris
- 4 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in East Cambs and Fenland
- 5 Mother sends warning over 'disgraceful' care of six-year-old daughter
- 6 March lorry and cyclist collision: Eye-witness saw ‘boy laid in the road’
- 7 Aquapark boss hits back at threat of enforcement
- 8 Man killed in Estover Road motorbike crash named by police
- 9 Hospitals temporarily reintroduce restrictions for visitors
- 10 Motor cyclist killed in March crash