SWIMMING: Personal bests tumble as March Marlins storm to success at three events
- Credit: Archant
It has been a busy few weeks for the March Marlins.
The Fenland club kicked off their hectic schedule at the Larking at the Lark competition in Mildenhall, recording an impressive 17 personal bests.
Ashleigh Mason claimed two of those, in the 25m fly and 50m breaststroke, alongside Ewan Dickerson, Connor Rickard and Jacon Cowin.
The Marlins performed well again at the a Club Championships, recording a whopping 78 new personal best times, including five apiece from Graham Shaw, Jude Staton, Ross Wisby, Henry Gooch and Luke Ruggles. Deanna Rayner gained four, while Jessica Tull and Rebecca Jordan took three.
The Marlins then went to the ASA East Region Open Water Championships and Joel Jordan, Mark Thompson and Marie Doherty all scooped gold medals, while Emily Morris won bronze in the 1500m.
You may also want to watch:
Jordan, Thompson, Doherty and Olivia Tunley were also the recipients of Cambs County gold medals.
- 1 Police officer sacked for racially abusing colleague at Christmas party
- 2 Historian who wrote 126 books and spent 64 years bellringing dies aged 90
- 3 Cambridgeshire police officer dismissed after conduct hearing
- 4 Trades group hears of alarming rise in shop worker abuse amid Covid
- 5 Police hunt homemade go-kart ‘causing anti-social behaviour’
- 6 BBC drama Casualty storyline to feature pelvic mesh implant scandal
- 7 Rural crime police recover dog in ‘poor state’ while on site check
- 8 Fen farm on more than 200 acres of land up for sale for £2.2million
- 9 Mum caught driving with revoked license on school run gets car seized
- 10 Spectators to be 'kept well away' when 85m chimneys come down