SWIMMING: Personal bests tumble as March Marlins storm to success at three events
- Credit: Archant
It has been a busy few weeks for the March Marlins.
The Fenland club kicked off their hectic schedule at the Larking at the Lark competition in Mildenhall, recording an impressive 17 personal bests.
Ashleigh Mason claimed two of those, in the 25m fly and 50m breaststroke, alongside Ewan Dickerson, Connor Rickard and Jacon Cowin.
The Marlins performed well again at the a Club Championships, recording a whopping 78 new personal best times, including five apiece from Graham Shaw, Jude Staton, Ross Wisby, Henry Gooch and Luke Ruggles. Deanna Rayner gained four, while Jessica Tull and Rebecca Jordan took three.
The Marlins then went to the ASA East Region Open Water Championships and Joel Jordan, Mark Thompson and Marie Doherty all scooped gold medals, while Emily Morris won bronze in the 1500m.
Jordan, Thompson, Doherty and Olivia Tunley were also the recipients of Cambs County gold medals.
- 1 Family pleased with 'huge reaction' thanks to charity Christmas lights
- 2 Multiple emergency services at scene after B1098 crash
- 3 Man taken to hospital with serious injuries after B1098 crash
- 4 Isabella, 10, impresses to win top prize ahead of Whittlesey Extravaganza
- 5 Leslie transforms his life thanks to remarkable weight loss
- 6 Family escape 'devastating fire' that ripped through home
- 7 Cambridgeshire individual diagnosed with Covid-19 Omicron variant
- 8 Trainspotters catch Duchess of Sutherland whistling through Fens
- 9 Dental practice plan move to business park
- 10 House fire that killed two children will not have further electrical checks