LOCAL FOOTBALL: Table-topping Chatteris Town make it 11 wins in a row
- Credit: Archant
Chatteris Town are within three victories of Cambridgeshire County League promotion.
The Lilies eased to a 2-0 success against Cottenham United last Saturday to maintain an eight-point cushion at the top of the Kershaw Senior A Division standings.
Gary Smith, the leading scorer at that level, grabbed both goals for Alex Kaufman’s side who have now won 11 successive games in all competitions.
He broke the deadlock in the first half and then sealed victory when striking directly from a corner late on. Smith has now hit 25 goals this term.
“It was a professional performance that moves us another three points closer to promotion,” said boss Kaufman.
You may also want to watch:
“I’m delighted with the way the squad has performed this season and even when we have had a rough patch performance-wise, we have still managed to pick up results.
“Winning 11 games in a row is something we’re all really proud about and we know that winning three of our remaining six league matches will get us promotion.”
- 1 ‘You now have s**t on your face,’ objector to planning scheme told
- 2 Man who died in road crash is named
- 3 Reporter shares mid-treatment stages of teeth transformation
- 4 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in live Facebook video stream
- 5 Wright hopes overseas ace's return boosts March Town play-off hopes
- 6 Man, 53, found in 'possession of knife' in Queensgate Shopping Centre
- 7 Suspected drink-driver, 41, arrested after tip-off from resident
- 8 Police thank eagle-eyed motorist for being ‘right place, right time’
- 9 DJ, 11, branded 'an inspiration' after winning top award
- 10 Success after six year battle to get 21 homes approved on factory site
Chatteris are without a fixture this Saturday but return to action on February 23 when going to fellow Kershaw Senior A Division side Milton in a Cambs William Coad Intermediate Cup semi-final.