TAKE FIVE: Our mini gallery of five stunning photos of future Fenland stars being put through their paces
THE next generation of Fenland’s cricket stars were put through their paces at Wisbech Town Cricket Club for their seventh Junior Community Cricket Week.
Dozens of young cricketers were given the chance to showcase their batting, bowling and fielding skills at Harecroft Road throughout the week, with the sessions led by coaches and experienced players from the club.
The event kicked off on Monday with a three-day cricket academy, run by qualified coaches, for boys and girls aged 7-16. The academy included a series of games and competitions set up to help the youngsters master the basics.
Everyone who took part also received goody bags and information on how to get involved with the youth setup at the club.
Wisbech’s version of the IPL - the Indoor Premier League – took place at Thomas Clarkson Community College on Thursday with youth teams vying for their players.
There were also a batch of evening games, with Dads v Lads, Mums v Lads and Wisbech Under-15s v March Under-15s. The Wisbech and March first teams were also in on the action, with a Twenty20 clash taking place yesterday (Thursday).
The week will conclude today (Friday) with more youth matches before a presentation evening and disco.
- 1 Man in 50s dies after medical incident in field
- 2 Two escape unhurt after car plunges into river
- 3 Café holds 'heavy heart' as it announces closure
- 4 Man in 30s dead, two arrested on suspicion of murder in Norfolk town
- 5 Family run tea room closes after 10 years in business
- 6 Bungalow fire in town was ‘accidental’
- 7 Cigarette butt in stolen car puts burglar behind bars
- 8 ‘She’s always smiling’ - Connie marks 100th birthday
- 9 Last gasp equaliser saves March Town blushes on derby day
- 10 Glasses smashed and beer poured on pub floor after alcohol refusal