TAKE FIVE: Our mini gallery of five stunning photos of future Fenland stars being put through their paces
THE next generation of Fenland’s cricket stars were put through their paces at Wisbech Town Cricket Club for their seventh Junior Community Cricket Week.
Dozens of young cricketers were given the chance to showcase their batting, bowling and fielding skills at Harecroft Road throughout the week, with the sessions led by coaches and experienced players from the club.
The event kicked off on Monday with a three-day cricket academy, run by qualified coaches, for boys and girls aged 7-16. The academy included a series of games and competitions set up to help the youngsters master the basics.
Everyone who took part also received goody bags and information on how to get involved with the youth setup at the club.
Wisbech’s version of the IPL - the Indoor Premier League – took place at Thomas Clarkson Community College on Thursday with youth teams vying for their players.
You may also want to watch:
There were also a batch of evening games, with Dads v Lads, Mums v Lads and Wisbech Under-15s v March Under-15s. The Wisbech and March first teams were also in on the action, with a Twenty20 clash taking place yesterday (Thursday).
The week will conclude today (Friday) with more youth matches before a presentation evening and disco.
- 1 Woman escapes unharmed after car and bus B1101 crash
- 2 Tributes paid to 'much loved' Gabija killed in A605 crash
- 3 Family tribute to grandfather killed in A1123 crash
- 4 ‘I’m tired of being fobbed off’ says customer of Wisbech builder
- 5 Man dies in A11 ditch crash
- 6 Wife's tribute to husband killed in B1101 Elm Road crash
- 7 Mum overwhelmed by support for 'angel gowns' project
- 8 14-year-old footballer's 'dream' comes true after securing England trial
- 9 Uber-style app could mean doorstep bus pick up
- 10 Woman left 'terrified' after spitting assault