Taylor seeks perfect start after Burton fires Chatteris Town to pre-season cup final
CHATTERIS Town boss Steve Taylor has urged his team to finish their pre-season in style with victory in tomorrow’s friendly cup-final clash with Littleport Town.
The Lilies have been in ruthless form throughout pre-season - thrashing Wisbech St Mary 5-0 and Outwell Swifts 4-0 to fire themselves into the Mick North and Barry Brewer Memorial Cup Final.
Former Godmanchester striker Jake Burton has scored in every game since signing for Chatteris and powerful centre back Tony Brown has also impressed since joining from Ely City.
Taylor said: “We’ve started very well and confidence is high - but results mean nothing at the moment.
“Everyone at the club is looking forward to the season and I can’t wait to get going. We will strive for promotion. It’s a big ask for a young side but I’m confident that we can surprise a few teams this year.”
You may also want to watch:
The Lilies face Littleport at West Street tomorrow night before hosting last year’s runners-up Over Sports in their first Kershaw Premier League fixture on Tuesday. Both games kick-off at 7.30pm.
Taylor added: “It will never be a friendly against Littleport - but it is important that we don’t lose players to injury.
- 1 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 2 Girl, 15, in late night stand-off with train on rural line
- 3 What are the outstanding and good schools in Cambridgeshire?
- 4 Abandoned mooring could cost £50,000 to replace, says council
- 5 Lorry driver who died in B1085 crash named
- 6 Teenager, 16, threatened young couple with screwdriver in park
- 7 Rainbow alliance hoping to bring sunshine to the Fens
- 8 Drug dealer hid £130,000 at home
- 9 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 10 Pupils thrilled to take next step towards England dream
“It would be the perfect finish to pre-season if we could win and it would give us a massive boost before the league starts.”