Three Counties runners battle the half-marathon heat
- Credit: Sarah-Jane Macdonald
Three Counties runners were taken on a trip around the Norfolk countryside in sweltering heat for their latest half-marathon.
Seven members took on the Wissey Half Marathon on Sunday, which started and finished at Oxborough near Swaffham.
First runner home was Gary Bligh in 1:32:37, followed by Daniel Barnes in 1:41:51.
Matthew Knott secured a personal best (PB) of 1:42:43, ahead of Johnny Beesley, Aaron Peets, Tracy Adams and Tamara Barnes.
Jacqueline McGonigle was in five-mile road race action in Portrush, Northern Ireland with all proceeds going to Prostate Cancer UK.
Junior parkrun saw 32 runners take part in the 2k timed race on Sunday. First TCRC Junior home was Isaac Western in 9:55, Callum Bates 10:50 and Rowan Coultard 14:31.
OTHER PARKRUN RESULTS
- 1 Both drivers seriously injured after head on crash
- 2 Honda, Seat and Toyota crash on A141
- 3 Dealer responsible for £500k worth of drugs caught
- 4 Doddington Minor Injuries Unit to temporarily close
- 5 Hospitals raise car parking costs for first time in six years
- 6 Captured Cambridgeshire man 'charged with mercenary activities' by Russia
- 7 Man dies after van and lorry crash on A141
- 8 Man charged with attempted murder as stab victim is found
- 9 Fenland man repeatedly raped woman for 20 years
- 10 Man who died in A141 crash named
Phil Newton 24:13; Mark Mattless 24:15; Sarah Melton-Whitelam 26:32; Sarah-Jane Macdonald 27:12 2nd in age); Steve Whitelam 27:28; Tony Lamb 27:51; Anne-Marie Mattless 29:15 PB; Sarah Lamb 31:12.
Jonathan Quail 23:03; Emily Clarke 28:08; Victoria May 28:18; Melvin Green 29:26.
Colin Apps 26:57; Joely Apps 31:44.