Three Counties runners battle the half-marathon heat
- Credit: Sarah-Jane Macdonald
Three Counties runners were taken on a trip around the Norfolk countryside in sweltering heat for their latest half-marathon.
Seven members took on the Wissey Half Marathon on Sunday, which started and finished at Oxborough near Swaffham.
First runner home was Gary Bligh in 1:32:37, followed by Daniel Barnes in 1:41:51.
Matthew Knott secured a personal best (PB) of 1:42:43, ahead of Johnny Beesley, Aaron Peets, Tracy Adams and Tamara Barnes.
Jacqueline McGonigle was in five-mile road race action in Portrush, Northern Ireland with all proceeds going to Prostate Cancer UK.
You may also want to watch:
Junior parkrun saw 32 runners take part in the 2k timed race on Sunday. First TCRC Junior home was Isaac Western in 9:55, Callum Bates 10:50 and Rowan Coultard 14:31.
OTHER PARKRUN RESULTS
- 1 Woman killed and four hospitalised after crash
- 2 Pair questioned amid probe into catalytic converter thefts
- 3 The Great British Sunday is a rush to the pumps not the piers
- 4 Victim left with serious injuries after McDonald's car park attack
- 5 Solicitor firm embraces legal sector apprenticeship scheme
- 6 Rings End A141 closed after three vehicle collision
- 7 'Emotional' quartet complete 10k for villager Paul
- 8 'Unprecedented crisis’ over school bus drivers
- 9 Man arrested after suspected drink or drug-fuelled A141 crash
- 10 Pictures show cars - including Tesco delivery vans - queued at fuel pumps
Phil Newton 24:13; Mark Mattless 24:15; Sarah Melton-Whitelam 26:32; Sarah-Jane Macdonald 27:12 2nd in age); Steve Whitelam 27:28; Tony Lamb 27:51; Anne-Marie Mattless 29:15 PB; Sarah Lamb 31:12.
Jonathan Quail 23:03; Emily Clarke 28:08; Victoria May 28:18; Melvin Green 29:26.
Colin Apps 26:57; Joely Apps 31:44.