Young saints given a new look thanks to sponsorship
- Credit: Archant
One of Wisbech St Mary FC’s youth teams have been boosted for at least the next two years thanks to new sponsorship.
Rob Pooley, who ran the club’s under 16s side last season, started a new Sunday under 18s team in the Peterborough & District Youth League and needed a new look.
That’s when Spencer Lee Autos of Wisbech came along to offer their support. “Talks started and Spencer didn’t hesitate in helping us out,” Rob said.
“It started with the team’s new playing strip, and then we needed help with warm-up tops and then the coaching staff of myself, Damian Hills and Harrison Smith (assistant managers) being kitted out.”
It’s hoped the sponsorship will last for more than two years, which Rob is even more grateful for especially during uncertain times.
You may also want to watch:
“The team is truly grateful to Spencer and Rebecca Lee for their fantastic support, and also to the staff,” Rob added.
“Grassroots football is the foundation for all youngsters to chase their dreams, and without people like Spencer and Rebecca, teams like mine would not happen.”
- 1 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 2 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 3 161-mile trip from Yorkshire to Fen village ends in Covid breach fine
- 4 Crash boy's mum says he's 'badly shaken but OK'
- 5 Stolen American-style fridge was lifted over 10ft security fence
- 6 Dad has 'much more energy to run around' with son after losing four stone
- 7 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 8 MP wants an end to floods misery in the Fens
- 9 First large-scale Cambs Covid-19 vaccination centres open this week
- 10 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer