Teams reach county finals
TWO kwik cricket teams from Westwood Junior School, March, have reached county finals. The school s mixed A team of four boys and four girls played in the finals in Cambridge on Tuesday and reached the later stages of the knock-out tournament. The team bo
TWO kwik cricket teams from Westwood Junior School, March, have reached county finals.
The school's mixed A team of four boys and four girls played in the finals in Cambridge on Tuesday and reached the later stages of the knock-out tournament.
The team booked their place in Cambridge thanks to victories over other Fenland schools in early June but they were eliminated in the quarter-finals.
There is still an opportunity for Westwood to win a county title when the girls' A team travel to Longstanton next Thursday.
You may also want to watch:
The team reached the finals thanks to victories against sides from Cavalry and Burrowmoor primary schools.
Second placed Burrowmoor also qualified for the finals.
- 1 Police officer sacked for racially abusing colleague at Christmas party
- 2 Cambridgeshire police officer dismissed after conduct hearing
- 3 Historian who wrote 126 books and spent 64 years bellringing dies aged 90
- 4 Trades group hears of alarming rise in shop worker abuse amid Covid
- 5 Police hunt homemade go-kart ‘causing anti-social behaviour’
- 6 Rural crime police recover dog in ‘poor state’ while on site check
- 7 Mum caught driving with revoked license on school run gets car seized
- 8 BBC drama Casualty storyline to feature pelvic mesh implant scandal
- 9 Fen farm on more than 200 acres of land up for sale for £2.2million
- 10 Vicar's concerns over 'hugely vulnerable' rough sleepers
FINAL DESTINATION: In a two-week period, the Westwood girls and mixed kwik cricket teams have both reached county finals.
Picture: Brian Purdy