TENNIS: Chatteris St Peter’s Tennis Club serves up a successful Great British Tennis Weekend event
- Credit: Archant
Chatteris St Peter’s Tennis Club welcomed over 70 of the local community for its latest Great British Tennis Weekend (GBTW) event.
The club’s four tennis courts were packed out on a sunny afternoon last Sunday, with two mini nets set up for youngsters.
Face painting and a free prize draw were also on offer, with t-shirts and tennis balls handed out as prizes.
Simon Grainger of Chatteris Tennis Club said: “Once again we were delighted to welcome so many visitors.
“Everyone joined in, including children parents and grandparents. The atmosphere was very friendly with smiling faces all day.
You may also want to watch:
“It was a terrific day – thanks to all those who came along.”
The club is set to host another Great Brittish Tennis Weekend later in the summer.
- 1 Rapist on bail performed magic tricks for police and security guard
- 2 Care home 'requires improvement' after unannounced visit
- 3 Jonathan Van Tam’s mum gets Covid-19 vaccination at Cambs clinic
- 4 Cops 'cash and carry' raid nets 108 cannabis plants and £100,000
- 5 'Amazing team work' at hospital's vaccination clinic
- 6 Shoplifter jailed after stealing goods worth £1,600
- 7 'Physically and mentally exhausted" Matt in plea to find missing beagle
- 8 'Not a sprint, a marathon' cautions NHS staff in the Fens
- 9 Crossing company praised for using local workers and suppliers
- 10 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
GBTW is a nationwide ‘open days’ campaign with the aim of driving more people to play tennis by offering free opportunities to play.
• For more information, visit www.chatteristennis.com or call 01354 695014.