TENNIS: Chatteris St Peter’s Tennis Club serves up a successful Great British Tennis Weekend event
- Credit: Archant
Chatteris St Peter’s Tennis Club welcomed over 70 of the local community for its latest Great British Tennis Weekend (GBTW) event.
The club’s four tennis courts were packed out on a sunny afternoon last Sunday, with two mini nets set up for youngsters.
Face painting and a free prize draw were also on offer, with t-shirts and tennis balls handed out as prizes.
Simon Grainger of Chatteris Tennis Club said: “Once again we were delighted to welcome so many visitors.
“Everyone joined in, including children parents and grandparents. The atmosphere was very friendly with smiling faces all day.
“It was a terrific day – thanks to all those who came along.”
The club is set to host another Great Brittish Tennis Weekend later in the summer.
- 1 Drug-driver killed co-worker on B1101 Elm Road in March
- 2 Man, 28, and boy, 15, arrested after major A1101 crash in Wisbech
- 3 Village road closing for five weeks for temporary barrier installation
- 4 Jailed: 58-year-old burglar who stole £57,000 BMW M4 in Wisbech
- 5 Long queues at Peterborough passport office ahead of holiday season
- 6 Shoplifter, 33, who assaulted woman is on the run
- 7 Breakup and burglary! Couple's chaos after £101m win on Euromillions
- 8 Council bans use of agricultural land to extend garden
- 9 Former Baptist chapel to be turned into four-bedroom house
- 10 Shoplifter barred from every M&S and Sainsbury's in Cambridgeshire
GBTW is a nationwide ‘open days’ campaign with the aim of driving more people to play tennis by offering free opportunities to play.
• For more information, visit www.chatteristennis.com or call 01354 695014.