TENNIS: Chatteris St Peter’s Tennis Club serves up a successful Great British Tennis Weekend event
- Credit: Archant
Chatteris St Peter’s Tennis Club welcomed over 70 of the local community for its latest Great British Tennis Weekend (GBTW) event.
The club’s four tennis courts were packed out on a sunny afternoon last Sunday, with two mini nets set up for youngsters.
Face painting and a free prize draw were also on offer, with t-shirts and tennis balls handed out as prizes.
Simon Grainger of Chatteris Tennis Club said: “Once again we were delighted to welcome so many visitors.
“Everyone joined in, including children parents and grandparents. The atmosphere was very friendly with smiling faces all day.
You may also want to watch:
“It was a terrific day – thanks to all those who came along.”
The club is set to host another Great Brittish Tennis Weekend later in the summer.
- 1 Man, 53, found in 'possession of knife' in Queensgate Shopping Centre
- 2 Success after six year battle to get 21 homes approved on factory site
- 3 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in front of thousands on live video
- 4 MP praises 'fantastic' vaccine team after having Covid-19 jab
- 5 Here are your winners of the Pride of Whittlesey awards
- 6 Hundreds go bargain hunting in the sun at first car boot since lockdown
- 7 Letters: Mayor's tribute, poem for a pigeon and letter release refusal
- 8 Three derelict cottages ‘would make an ideal renovation project’
- 9 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 10 Matilda, 9, sold her dolls to raise money for charity close to her heart
GBTW is a nationwide ‘open days’ campaign with the aim of driving more people to play tennis by offering free opportunities to play.
• For more information, visit www.chatteristennis.com or call 01354 695014.