TENNIS: Chatteris St Peter’s Tennis Club serves up a successful Great British Tennis Weekend event
- Credit: Archant
Chatteris St Peter’s Tennis Club welcomed over 70 of the local community for its latest Great British Tennis Weekend (GBTW) event.
The club’s four tennis courts were packed out on a sunny afternoon last Sunday, with two mini nets set up for youngsters.
Face painting and a free prize draw were also on offer, with t-shirts and tennis balls handed out as prizes.
Simon Grainger of Chatteris Tennis Club said: “Once again we were delighted to welcome so many visitors.
“Everyone joined in, including children parents and grandparents. The atmosphere was very friendly with smiling faces all day.
You may also want to watch:
“It was a terrific day – thanks to all those who came along.”
The club is set to host another Great Brittish Tennis Weekend later in the summer.
- 1 Quiz-loving duo win BBC game show hosted by Bradley Walsh and Holly Willoughby
- 2 AN APOLOGY: The Gables in Chatteris
- 3 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 4 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in East Cambs and Fenland
- 5 Historic hotel opens doors after lockdown transformation
- 6 Alternative banking available as local branch closes
- 7 9 never to be forgotten moments from Cambridgeshire politicians
- 8 Mother sends warning over 'disgraceful' care of six-year-old daughter
- 9 Pink Cadillacs, sports cars and a VW Beetle: Students arrive in style for their leavers' prom
- 10 Aquapark boss hits back at threat of enforcement
GBTW is a nationwide ‘open days’ campaign with the aim of driving more people to play tennis by offering free opportunities to play.
• For more information, visit www.chatteristennis.com or call 01354 695014.