Tennis clubs across Fenland gear up for summer season as hot spell continues
AS summer quickly approaches tennis enthusiasts flocked to Wisbech Tennis Club to take part in their first tournament of the season on Sunday.
Several members and non members grabbed their rackets to compete in the John Bown Memorial Trophy which was won by Margret Pendall who triumphed in 22 games. Richard Miers finished runner-up after winning 20 games.
With the grass court season just starting the club are still looking for new members. Club sessions are held on Monday and Thursday evenings, Sunday mornings and Wednesday afternoons. Adult coaching is held on Tuesday and Friday evenings and Tuesday and Thursday mornings.
For further information on the club contact Jane Page on 07747637648 or for information about coaching contact Lisa Kennedy on 07788857502.
• CHATTERIS St Peter Tennis Club’s new season has begun and they will host an afternoon of ‘social’ tennis on Sunday.
You may also want to watch:
Play begins at 2pm at the club, situated off St Peter’s Drive in Chatteris, before a BBQ for players, friends and families will be enjoyed. All - including spectators - are welcome.
The club plays both social and competitive tennis and has five teams in the Hunts and Peterborough League playing men’s, ladies and mixed tennis. Free taster sessions are on offer before players decide to join the club.
- 1 Girl, 15, in late night stand-off with train on rural line
- 2 Pupils thrilled to take next step towards England dream
- 3 Jail for 'predator' who raped vulnerable woman in children's play park
- 4 ‘Shovel-ready’ mayor brings key schemes back from the brink
- 5 Threatening domestic abuser tracked and assaulted ex partner of 10 years
- 6 'Savage' attack left man without spleen
- 7 What are the outstanding and good schools in Cambridgeshire?
- 8 Rainbow alliance hoping to bring sunshine to the Fens
- 9 30,000 watch Facebook confrontation of alleged paedophile
- 10 Cant's Drove loses 'worst road in the Fens' title
Club nights are held on Mondays and Wednesdays from 6pm onwards and coach is also available for adults and juniors, members and non members and for both experienced players and beginners.
For further details on the club contact Shona Kent on 01354 655363.