American style tournament at Wisbech Tennis Club
- Credit: Archant
A Benenden Girls, Set, Match Festival was played on Saturday at Wisbech Tennis Club in which 12 ladies played in an American style tournament changing partners after each round.
Everyone played competitive tennis and enjoyed the games, particularly in the matches that took place on the mini court.
After five rounds Genia Giles had won most games (25) and was declared the winner and Jane Page was runner-up with 23.
The next tournament will be a Quorn Family Cup Competition on April 29.
New coaching courses start next week, on Tuesdays and Sundays, visit www.wisbechtennisclub.org.uk to view courses and book.
Club sessions, for adults are held on Tuesdays and Fridays at 10am, Wednesdays at 2pm and Monday and Thursday evenings.
There is an Open Day at the club on Sunday April 29 in the afternoon.
- 1 Michaela’s horrific ordeal: ‘My partner threatened to slit my throat and bury me alive’
- 2 Developer claims 109-home estate would be 'wholly appropriate'
- 3 Motorcyclist, 32, injured after A605 crash
- 4 Police shut off A605 after 'single vehicle' crash
- 5 Village life, magistrate in court for failing to clear snow and forced landing
- 6 How do Cambridgeshire Fens' Covid cases compare to November 2020 lockdown?
- 7 Prison for 'lavish lifestyle' drug dealer who hid £18k cash in sock drawer
- 8 Convenience store transformed thanks to £116k facelift
- 9 WATCH: Extinction Rebellion block Amazon warehouse
- 10 ‘We try to think outside the box’ - Alpacas pay a visit to care home
Everyone is welcome to come along, play some tennis and find out what courses and club sessions are on offer.