American style tournament at Wisbech Tennis Club
- Credit: Archant
A Benenden Girls, Set, Match Festival was played on Saturday at Wisbech Tennis Club in which 12 ladies played in an American style tournament changing partners after each round.
Everyone played competitive tennis and enjoyed the games, particularly in the matches that took place on the mini court.
After five rounds Genia Giles had won most games (25) and was declared the winner and Jane Page was runner-up with 23.
The next tournament will be a Quorn Family Cup Competition on April 29.
New coaching courses start next week, on Tuesdays and Sundays, visit www.wisbechtennisclub.org.uk to view courses and book.
You may also want to watch:
Club sessions, for adults are held on Tuesdays and Fridays at 10am, Wednesdays at 2pm and Monday and Thursday evenings.
There is an Open Day at the club on Sunday April 29 in the afternoon.
- 1 Homes evacuated as FOUR gas leaks disrupt March
- 2 All roads reopened after gas leaks cause day of disruption
- 3 Driver escapes injury after A14 lorry fire
- 4 20 travelling families park illegally at rugby club
- 5 Hauliers on how they are tackling the HGV driver shortage crisis
- 6 Police disrupt drug dealer's 'oven ready' cannabis stash
- 7 White van driver sought after Passat overturns
- 8 Family farmers win court case against oat milk giants
- 9 Hooded man exposes himself to two women
- 10 Pub closes as owners decide not to sell
Everyone is welcome to come along, play some tennis and find out what courses and club sessions are on offer.