American style tournament at Wisbech Tennis Club
- Credit: Archant
A Benenden Girls, Set, Match Festival was played on Saturday at Wisbech Tennis Club in which 12 ladies played in an American style tournament changing partners after each round.
Everyone played competitive tennis and enjoyed the games, particularly in the matches that took place on the mini court.
After five rounds Genia Giles had won most games (25) and was declared the winner and Jane Page was runner-up with 23.
The next tournament will be a Quorn Family Cup Competition on April 29.
New coaching courses start next week, on Tuesdays and Sundays, visit www.wisbechtennisclub.org.uk to view courses and book.
You may also want to watch:
Club sessions, for adults are held on Tuesdays and Fridays at 10am, Wednesdays at 2pm and Monday and Thursday evenings.
There is an Open Day at the club on Sunday April 29 in the afternoon.
- 1 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in front of thousands on live video
- 2 Man, 53, found in 'possession of knife' in Queensgate Shopping Centre
- 3 Success after six year battle to get 21 homes approved on factory site
- 4 MP praises 'fantastic' vaccine team after having Covid-19 jab
- 5 Hundreds go bargain hunting in the sun at first car boot since lockdown
- 6 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 7 Empty Wisbech shop earmarked for slots and bingo
- 8 Three derelict cottages ‘would make an ideal renovation project’
- 9 Here are your winners of the Pride of Whittlesey awards
- 10 Letters: Mayor's tribute, poem for a pigeon and letter release refusal
Everyone is welcome to come along, play some tennis and find out what courses and club sessions are on offer.