American style tournament at Wisbech Tennis Club
- Credit: Archant
A Benenden Girls, Set, Match Festival was played on Saturday at Wisbech Tennis Club in which 12 ladies played in an American style tournament changing partners after each round.
Everyone played competitive tennis and enjoyed the games, particularly in the matches that took place on the mini court.
After five rounds Genia Giles had won most games (25) and was declared the winner and Jane Page was runner-up with 23.
The next tournament will be a Quorn Family Cup Competition on April 29.
New coaching courses start next week, on Tuesdays and Sundays, visit www.wisbechtennisclub.org.uk to view courses and book.
You may also want to watch:
Club sessions, for adults are held on Tuesdays and Fridays at 10am, Wednesdays at 2pm and Monday and Thursday evenings.
There is an Open Day at the club on Sunday April 29 in the afternoon.
- 1 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 2 Crash boy's mum says he's 'badly shaken but OK'
- 3 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 4 Covid-19 numbers in Fenland higher than rest of county
- 5 Dad has 'much more energy to run around' with son after losing four stone
- 6 Max and Chloe become pioneers of community housing success in Cambs village
- 7 Former Top Gear star Rory Reid spotted filming with Lamborghini
- 8 Welcome to Whittlesey - the new UK hotspot for kite surfing?
- 9 Rapist on bail performed magic tricks for police and security guard
- 10 Council books seven hotels and guest houses for homeless
Everyone is welcome to come along, play some tennis and find out what courses and club sessions are on offer.