Chatteris end the season in top form with a resounding 7-1 victory
- Credit: Archant
Chatteris Tennis Club’s men’s A team remained in top form for the final season’s match against Huntingdon B team, with Chatteris winning a resounding 7-1.
This means that Chatteris are celebrating completing the season at the top of their Division having won all seven matches and will now be promoted to Division 2.
The final match winning team was Andrew Fox and Simon Grainger who won all 4 sets, with Jonnie Henson and Lee Enstone winning 3 out of 4.
For further information on Chatters Tennis Club visit www.chatteristennis.com or phone 01354 695014
Club nights are Mondays and Wednesdays at 6pm and from 10am on Sunday mornings (or from 2pm if coaching is held in the morning). Social tennis is also played on Thursday afternoons at 2pm. These afternoons are fun; a regular group play and really welcome new faces.
You may also want to watch:
However, life isn’t just about the tennis! Chatteris Tennis Club has a busy social scene too, with events throughout the year including BBQ’s, Quiz Nights, Halloween ‘Monster Smash’ event, Open Tennis Weekends and ten-pin bowling evenings.
- 1 Alternative banking available as local branch closes
- 2 Mother sends warning over 'disgraceful' care of six-year-old daughter
- 3 Pink Cadillacs, sports cars and a VW Beetle: Students arrive in style for their leavers' prom
- 4 Aquapark boss hits back at threat of enforcement
- 5 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in East Cambs and Fenland
- 6 Hospitals temporarily reintroduce restrictions for visitors
- 7 Students dare to dream of England Lionesses spot after trial success
- 8 March lorry and cyclist collision: Eye-witness saw ‘boy laid in the road’
- 9 AN APOLOGY: The Gables in Chatteris
- 10 Man killed in Estover Road motorbike crash named by police