Chatteris end the season in top form with a resounding 7-1 victory
- Credit: Archant
Chatteris Tennis Club’s men’s A team remained in top form for the final season’s match against Huntingdon B team, with Chatteris winning a resounding 7-1.
This means that Chatteris are celebrating completing the season at the top of their Division having won all seven matches and will now be promoted to Division 2.
The final match winning team was Andrew Fox and Simon Grainger who won all 4 sets, with Jonnie Henson and Lee Enstone winning 3 out of 4.
For further information on Chatters Tennis Club visit www.chatteristennis.com or phone 01354 695014
Club nights are Mondays and Wednesdays at 6pm and from 10am on Sunday mornings (or from 2pm if coaching is held in the morning). Social tennis is also played on Thursday afternoons at 2pm. These afternoons are fun; a regular group play and really welcome new faces.
You may also want to watch:
However, life isn’t just about the tennis! Chatteris Tennis Club has a busy social scene too, with events throughout the year including BBQ’s, Quiz Nights, Halloween ‘Monster Smash’ event, Open Tennis Weekends and ten-pin bowling evenings.
- 1 Man, 53, found in 'possession of knife' in Queensgate Shopping Centre
- 2 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in front of thousands on live video
- 3 Success after six year battle to get 21 homes approved on factory site
- 4 MP praises 'fantastic' vaccine team after having Covid-19 jab
- 5 Hundreds go bargain hunting in the sun at first car boot since lockdown
- 6 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 7 Empty Wisbech shop earmarked for slots and bingo
- 8 Three derelict cottages ‘would make an ideal renovation project’
- 9 Here are your winners of the Pride of Whittlesey awards
- 10 Letters: Mayor's tribute, poem for a pigeon and letter release refusal