THIS weekend, Wisbech motor racing starlet Liam McMillan begins his preparations for his biggest sporting challenge. As reported in the Cambs Times and Wisbech Standard last month, Liam, 16, will become the youngest driver to compete in the SEAT Cupra Cha
THIS weekend, Wisbech motor racing starlet Liam McMillan begins his preparations for his biggest sporting challenge.
As reported in the Cambs Times and Wisbech Standard last month, Liam, 16, will become the youngest driver to compete in the SEAT Cupra Championships when he takes to the grid on April 1.
As newly-appointed company director of the Wisbech-based Maxtreme racing team, Liam, pictured, will also oversee a team of three drivers in the 750 Motor Club's 2007 SaxMax season.
But tomorrow (Saturday), Liam will be travelling to Silverstone for his very first test behind the wheel of his brand new 160mph Leon Cupra.
You may also want to watch:
Liam's father Paul, who was the brains behind the massively popular SaxMax formula, said: "Hopefully it will stay dry and we can get some good testing time under our belts.
"We have a lot of work to do over the next few weeks and we will be spending a lot of time setting up the car."
- 1 Homes evacuated as FOUR gas leaks disrupt March
- 2 White van driver sought after Passat overturns
- 3 Hooded man exposes himself to two women
- 4 Club shuts its doors after illegal encampment spotted
- 5 Pub closes as owners decide not to sell
- 6 20 travelling families park illegally at rugby club
- 7 Pub car park approved despite 13 residents' noise concerns
- 8 Best is yet to come for March Town after successive league defeats
- 9 Glamping site granted drinks licence despite neighbours' protests
- 10 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
Liam's mentor and World Tour Car Championship (WTCC) driver Rob Huff will also be at Silverstone to guide his protégé and help the Wisbech youngster get to grips with his stunning new car.
Liam's busy schedule continues next week when he will attend the Racing Car Show at Birmingham's NEC.
Paul said: "We will be on the 750 Motor Club's stand and we will hopefully find a third driver to compete in our SaxMax team next season."
* LOOK out for more exciting motor racing news coming soon in the Cambs Times and Wisbech Standard.