THIS weekend, Wisbech motor racing starlet Liam McMillan begins his preparations for his biggest sporting challenge. As reported in the Cambs Times and Wisbech Standard last month, Liam, 16, will become the youngest driver to compete in the SEAT Cupra Cha
THIS weekend, Wisbech motor racing starlet Liam McMillan begins his preparations for his biggest sporting challenge.
As reported in the Cambs Times and Wisbech Standard last month, Liam, 16, will become the youngest driver to compete in the SEAT Cupra Championships when he takes to the grid on April 1.
As newly-appointed company director of the Wisbech-based Maxtreme racing team, Liam, pictured, will also oversee a team of three drivers in the 750 Motor Club's 2007 SaxMax season.
But tomorrow (Saturday), Liam will be travelling to Silverstone for his very first test behind the wheel of his brand new 160mph Leon Cupra.
You may also want to watch:
Liam's father Paul, who was the brains behind the massively popular SaxMax formula, said: "Hopefully it will stay dry and we can get some good testing time under our belts.
"We have a lot of work to do over the next few weeks and we will be spending a lot of time setting up the car."
- 1 ‘You now have s**t on your face,’ objector to planning scheme told
- 2 Man who died in road crash is named
- 3 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in live Facebook video stream
- 4 Reporter shares mid-treatment stages of teeth transformation
- 5 Man, 53, found in 'possession of knife' in Queensgate Shopping Centre
- 6 Wright hopes overseas ace's return boosts March Town play-off hopes
- 7 Success after six year battle to get 21 homes approved on factory site
- 8 Fen farm on more than 200 acres of land up for sale for £2.2million
- 9 Adult disability service on staying strong during Covid-19 pandemic
- 10 Fenland line-up for Cambridgeshire elections
Liam's mentor and World Tour Car Championship (WTCC) driver Rob Huff will also be at Silverstone to guide his protégé and help the Wisbech youngster get to grips with his stunning new car.
Liam's busy schedule continues next week when he will attend the Racing Car Show at Birmingham's NEC.
Paul said: "We will be on the 750 Motor Club's stand and we will hopefully find a third driver to compete in our SaxMax team next season."
* LOOK out for more exciting motor racing news coming soon in the Cambs Times and Wisbech Standard.