THIS weekend, Wisbech motor racing starlet Liam McMillan begins his preparations for his biggest sporting challenge. As reported in the Cambs Times and Wisbech Standard last month, Liam, 16, will become the youngest driver to compete in the SEAT Cupra Cha
THIS weekend, Wisbech motor racing starlet Liam McMillan begins his preparations for his biggest sporting challenge.
As reported in the Cambs Times and Wisbech Standard last month, Liam, 16, will become the youngest driver to compete in the SEAT Cupra Championships when he takes to the grid on April 1.
As newly-appointed company director of the Wisbech-based Maxtreme racing team, Liam, pictured, will also oversee a team of three drivers in the 750 Motor Club's 2007 SaxMax season.
But tomorrow (Saturday), Liam will be travelling to Silverstone for his very first test behind the wheel of his brand new 160mph Leon Cupra.
Liam's father Paul, who was the brains behind the massively popular SaxMax formula, said: "Hopefully it will stay dry and we can get some good testing time under our belts.
"We have a lot of work to do over the next few weeks and we will be spending a lot of time setting up the car."
- 1 Thousands descend on Chatteris as town lights up for Christmas
- 2 Pedestrian killed crossing road
- 3 East Cambs Council bins green waste collections for seven weeks
- 4 Children among suspected hare coursers stopped in the Fens
- 5 'White van man' crashes into rail bridge
- 6 Check before you travel ahead of major upgrade, commuters warned
- 7 Former army major sentenced after pillion rider dies in motorcycle crash
- 8 Stolen caravans discovered on village site to relief of owners
- 9 Fens business park goes to auction - for up to £700,000
- 10 Princess Eugenie comes to town in bid to tackle modern slavery
Liam's mentor and World Tour Car Championship (WTCC) driver Rob Huff will also be at Silverstone to guide his protégé and help the Wisbech youngster get to grips with his stunning new car.
Liam's busy schedule continues next week when he will attend the Racing Car Show at Birmingham's NEC.
Paul said: "We will be on the 750 Motor Club's stand and we will hopefully find a third driver to compete in our SaxMax team next season."
* LOOK out for more exciting motor racing news coming soon in the Cambs Times and Wisbech Standard.