The better man won, says Joe Perry after Betway UK Championships exit
- Credit: Archant
Joe Perry admitted the better man won after he exited the Betway UK Championships last night (29).
The Chatteris cueman crashed out by six frames to two to lower-ranked Matthew Stevens in York – despite leading 2-1 early on.
The Gentleman kicked off the third round tie in stunning style, chalking up a break of 136, but the 2003 UK Champion responded well and took the next five frames without reply.
Perry said: “He played better than me to be honest.”
“That was probably as good as I’ve felt in the entire tournament and I played a bit better today than I have been.
You may also want to watch:
“But from 2-1 up, I don’t think I potted a ball until I was 4-2 down and that was down to Matthew’s good play.
Next up for Perry is a trip to Barnsley for next week’s German Masters qualifying before he competes in the Scottish Open in December.
- 1 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 2 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 3 161-mile trip from Yorkshire to Fen village ends in Covid breach fine
- 4 Stolen American-style fridge was lifted over 10ft security fence
- 5 Crash boy's mum says he's 'badly shaken but OK'
- 6 Dad has 'much more energy to run around' with son after losing four stone
- 7 MP wants an end to floods misery in the Fens
- 8 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 9 First large-scale Cambs Covid-19 vaccination centres open this week
- 10 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer