The better man won, says Joe Perry after Betway UK Championships exit
- Credit: Archant
Joe Perry admitted the better man won after he exited the Betway UK Championships last night (29).
The Chatteris cueman crashed out by six frames to two to lower-ranked Matthew Stevens in York – despite leading 2-1 early on.
The Gentleman kicked off the third round tie in stunning style, chalking up a break of 136, but the 2003 UK Champion responded well and took the next five frames without reply.
Perry said: “He played better than me to be honest.”
“That was probably as good as I’ve felt in the entire tournament and I played a bit better today than I have been.
You may also want to watch:
“But from 2-1 up, I don’t think I potted a ball until I was 4-2 down and that was down to Matthew’s good play.
Next up for Perry is a trip to Barnsley for next week’s German Masters qualifying before he competes in the Scottish Open in December.
- 1 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in front of thousands on live video
- 2 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 3 Hundreds go bargain hunting in the sun at first car boot since lockdown
- 4 Three derelict cottages ‘would make an ideal renovation project’
- 5 Residents urged to take twice-weekly rapid Covid-19 tests
- 6 Dramatic drop in face-to-face GP appointments
- 7 Cheers! Busy first weekend back for pub post-lockdown
- 8 Police officer sacked for racially abusing colleague at Christmas party
- 9 High Sheriff of Cambridgeshire honoured with new role
- 10 Empty Wisbech shop earmarked for slots and bingo