The better man won, says Joe Perry after Betway UK Championships exit
- Credit: Archant
Joe Perry admitted the better man won after he exited the Betway UK Championships last night (29).
The Chatteris cueman crashed out by six frames to two to lower-ranked Matthew Stevens in York – despite leading 2-1 early on.
The Gentleman kicked off the third round tie in stunning style, chalking up a break of 136, but the 2003 UK Champion responded well and took the next five frames without reply.
Perry said: “He played better than me to be honest.”
“That was probably as good as I’ve felt in the entire tournament and I played a bit better today than I have been.
You may also want to watch:
“But from 2-1 up, I don’t think I potted a ball until I was 4-2 down and that was down to Matthew’s good play.
Next up for Perry is a trip to Barnsley for next week’s German Masters qualifying before he competes in the Scottish Open in December.
- 1 Worst road in Fenland? You'd better believe it
- 2 CCTV released after shopkeeper assaulted in robbery
- 3 30,000 watch Facebook confrontation of alleged paedophile
- 4 Cant's Drove loses 'worst road in the Fens' title
- 5 Woman jailed for knife-point robbery
- 6 Cambridge Country Show promises 'something for everybody'
- 7 Town buzzing with buses - for one day only
- 8 Suspected arsonist charged after health centre fire
- 9 Man with rare heart condition shares how free location app saved his life
- 10 7 of the most expensive houses on the market in Cambridgeshire right now