The better man won, says Joe Perry after Betway UK Championships exit
- Credit: Archant
Joe Perry admitted the better man won after he exited the Betway UK Championships last night (29).
The Chatteris cueman crashed out by six frames to two to lower-ranked Matthew Stevens in York – despite leading 2-1 early on.
The Gentleman kicked off the third round tie in stunning style, chalking up a break of 136, but the 2003 UK Champion responded well and took the next five frames without reply.
Perry said: “He played better than me to be honest.”
“That was probably as good as I’ve felt in the entire tournament and I played a bit better today than I have been.
“But from 2-1 up, I don’t think I potted a ball until I was 4-2 down and that was down to Matthew’s good play.
Next up for Perry is a trip to Barnsley for next week’s German Masters qualifying before he competes in the Scottish Open in December.
- 1 Thousands descend on Chatteris as town lights up for Christmas
- 2 Princess Eugenie comes to town in bid to tackle modern slavery
- 3 Stolen caravans discovered on village site to relief of owners
- 4 Fens business park goes to auction - for up to £700,000
- 5 Children among suspected hare coursers stopped in the Fens
- 6 Pedestrian killed crossing road
- 7 Former army major sentenced after pillion rider dies in motorcycle crash
- 8 Wayne officially opens doors to DOORBRITE showroom
- 9 Check before you travel ahead of major upgrade, commuters warned
- 10 Shocking footage appears to show £100m Marham jet crashing off carrier