The Thrill trains with The Hitman: Chatteris boxer Jordan Gill invited to train by former world champion Ricky Hatton
- Credit: Archant
Chatteris boxer Jordan Gill was invited to train by none other than former World Champion Ricky Hatton in Manchester this weekend.
Jordan was requested to spar with Hattons’s fighter from Kazikstan, Zhanat Zhakiyanov, who is preparing for his WBA World Bantamweight Title fight next month in Monte Carlo.
Gill, who turned pro in 2012 and is unbeaten in 14 bouts, travelled to Ricky Hatton’s gym - Hatton Health and Fitness - with world-famous coach Dominic Ingle, and assistant coach Paul Gill.
The 21-year-old spoke of his sparring experience, saying; “I’ve had some World Class sparring which is keeping me sharp and in great shape.
I’m just waiting for my next fight to be finalised before making an announcement.”
You may also want to watch:
To keep an eye on Gill’s progress and ticket information, please visit www.jordangill.com. Jordan is proudly supported by George Munns, Chatteris Town Butchers, Razer, and Jordan Fitness.
Jordan will be the guest of honour at the Chatteris Amateur Boxing Show on Saturday November 21 at Cromwell Community College. Doors open at 6pm. Tickets for are £15, with boxing and a three course meal available for £30. To book, please call Matty on 01354 693630.
- 1 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in front of thousands on live video
- 2 Man, 53, found in 'possession of knife' in Queensgate Shopping Centre
- 3 Success after six year battle to get 21 homes approved on factory site
- 4 MP praises 'fantastic' vaccine team after having Covid-19 jab
- 5 Hundreds go bargain hunting in the sun at first car boot since lockdown
- 6 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 7 Empty Wisbech shop earmarked for slots and bingo
- 8 Three derelict cottages ‘would make an ideal renovation project’
- 9 Here are your winners of the Pride of Whittlesey awards
- 10 Letters: Mayor's tribute, poem for a pigeon and letter release refusal