The Thrill trains with The Hitman: Chatteris boxer Jordan Gill invited to train by former world champion Ricky Hatton
- Credit: Archant
Chatteris boxer Jordan Gill was invited to train by none other than former World Champion Ricky Hatton in Manchester this weekend.
Jordan was requested to spar with Hattons’s fighter from Kazikstan, Zhanat Zhakiyanov, who is preparing for his WBA World Bantamweight Title fight next month in Monte Carlo.
Gill, who turned pro in 2012 and is unbeaten in 14 bouts, travelled to Ricky Hatton’s gym - Hatton Health and Fitness - with world-famous coach Dominic Ingle, and assistant coach Paul Gill.
The 21-year-old spoke of his sparring experience, saying; “I’ve had some World Class sparring which is keeping me sharp and in great shape.
I’m just waiting for my next fight to be finalised before making an announcement.”
You may also want to watch:
To keep an eye on Gill’s progress and ticket information, please visit www.jordangill.com. Jordan is proudly supported by George Munns, Chatteris Town Butchers, Razer, and Jordan Fitness.
Jordan will be the guest of honour at the Chatteris Amateur Boxing Show on Saturday November 21 at Cromwell Community College. Doors open at 6pm. Tickets for are £15, with boxing and a three course meal available for £30. To book, please call Matty on 01354 693630.
- 1 Woman killed and four hospitalised after crash
- 2 The Great British Sunday is a rush to the pumps not the piers
- 3 Pair questioned amid probe into catalytic converter thefts
- 4 Rings End A141 closed after three vehicle collision
- 5 Man arrested after suspected drink or drug-fuelled A141 crash
- 6 'Emotional' quartet complete 10k for villager Paul
- 7 Youth with 'police style baton' caught out by CCTV
- 8 Pictures show cars - including Tesco delivery vans - queued at fuel pumps
- 9 Ledger discovery affords a glimpse of Victorian travel
- 10 Victim left with serious injuries after McDonald's car park attack