The Thrill trains with The Hitman: Chatteris boxer Jordan Gill invited to train by former world champion Ricky Hatton
- Credit: Archant
Chatteris boxer Jordan Gill was invited to train by none other than former World Champion Ricky Hatton in Manchester this weekend.
Jordan was requested to spar with Hattons’s fighter from Kazikstan, Zhanat Zhakiyanov, who is preparing for his WBA World Bantamweight Title fight next month in Monte Carlo.
Gill, who turned pro in 2012 and is unbeaten in 14 bouts, travelled to Ricky Hatton’s gym - Hatton Health and Fitness - with world-famous coach Dominic Ingle, and assistant coach Paul Gill.
The 21-year-old spoke of his sparring experience, saying; “I’ve had some World Class sparring which is keeping me sharp and in great shape.
I’m just waiting for my next fight to be finalised before making an announcement.”
To keep an eye on Gill’s progress and ticket information, please visit www.jordangill.com. Jordan is proudly supported by George Munns, Chatteris Town Butchers, Razer, and Jordan Fitness.
Jordan will be the guest of honour at the Chatteris Amateur Boxing Show on Saturday November 21 at Cromwell Community College. Doors open at 6pm. Tickets for are £15, with boxing and a three course meal available for £30. To book, please call Matty on 01354 693630.
- 1 Man suffers injuries after A142 morning crash
- 2 £14.6m school transformation complete after two-year project
- 3 WATCH: Emotional tribute to honour and remember crash victim
- 4 Car travelled wrong way down A1 before triple fatal crash, say police
- 5 Mini-convoy marks funeral of 'kind-hearted' lorry driver
- 6 Suspected poachers caught in farmyard raid as cops crackdown continues
- 7 5 suspects identified from New Year's Eve attack
- 8 Wife pays tribute to ex-footballer who 'I could always rely on'
- 9 Jury challenged to consider 'substantial body of evidence' pointing to Rikki's killer
- 10 Council leader pledges 'we'll hold This Land to account'