The Thrill trains with The Hitman: Chatteris boxer Jordan Gill invited to train by former world champion Ricky Hatton
- Credit: Archant
Chatteris boxer Jordan Gill was invited to train by none other than former World Champion Ricky Hatton in Manchester this weekend.
Jordan was requested to spar with Hattons’s fighter from Kazikstan, Zhanat Zhakiyanov, who is preparing for his WBA World Bantamweight Title fight next month in Monte Carlo.
Gill, who turned pro in 2012 and is unbeaten in 14 bouts, travelled to Ricky Hatton’s gym - Hatton Health and Fitness - with world-famous coach Dominic Ingle, and assistant coach Paul Gill.
The 21-year-old spoke of his sparring experience, saying; “I’ve had some World Class sparring which is keeping me sharp and in great shape.
I’m just waiting for my next fight to be finalised before making an announcement.”
You may also want to watch:
To keep an eye on Gill’s progress and ticket information, please visit www.jordangill.com. Jordan is proudly supported by George Munns, Chatteris Town Butchers, Razer, and Jordan Fitness.
Jordan will be the guest of honour at the Chatteris Amateur Boxing Show on Saturday November 21 at Cromwell Community College. Doors open at 6pm. Tickets for are £15, with boxing and a three course meal available for £30. To book, please call Matty on 01354 693630.
- 1 Wife's tribute to husband killed in B1101 Elm Road crash
- 2 Fire crews free driver trapped in overturned lorry
- 3 Cannabis worth over £656,000 uncovered in Fen village
- 4 14-year-old footballer's 'dream' comes true after securing England trial
- 5 Grandmother of drowning victim calls for Bawsey Pits closure
- 6 Fire crews and RSPCA rescue foal in danger of drowning
- 7 Man in court after more than £656k of cannabis seized
- 8 Floral tributes laid for man killed in B1101 Elm Road crash
- 9 Man, aged in his 40s, dies after suspected drug-fuelled B1101 crash
- 10 Man arrested after cannabis factory found after house blaze