A buzz at Boston for Three Counties Running Club
- Credit: Archant
Three Counties had PB’s galore with 11 of the 21 Club members running in either their first full marathon or first half marathon at the flat and rather warm Boston marathon race.
Four club members took to the full marathon with three of the runners running their first ever marathon.
Elisabeth Sennitt Clough was first member Home in the marathon in a cracking time of 3:36:55PB finishing 2nd in age and 5th female.
Next home in his first ever marathon running a sub 4hours was Jonny Clark in a fantastic time of 3:54:12PB.
Crossing the line together were first timers Vicki Drake and Sarah-Jane Macdonald in a time of 5:04:16 PB.
You may also want to watch:
Both ladies were raising money for Cancer Research and Fibromyalgia and they had fantastic support from their fellow team mates who all ran the final one mile with them.
The half marathon that started 15 minutes after the full had a successful turnout of 17 runners with eight of these running their first half and runners also obtaining 16PB’s between them.
- 1 AN APOLOGY: The Gables in Chatteris
- 2 Quiz-loving duo win BBC game show hosted by Bradley Walsh and Holly Willoughby
- 3 Alternative banking available as local branch closes
- 4 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in East Cambs and Fenland
- 5 Pink Cadillacs, sports cars and a VW Beetle: Students arrive in style for their leavers' prom
- 6 Mother sends warning over 'disgraceful' care of six-year-old daughter
- 7 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 8 Historic hotel opens doors after lockdown transformation
- 9 9 never to be forgotten moments from Cambridgeshire politicians
- 10 Aquapark boss hits back at threat of enforcement
First club member Home was Graham Rushmer in a splendid time of 1:33:28 PB(first timer -FT)
Next was Lee Johnson in an incredible time of 1:37:57PB (FT),followed by 1st Female Teresa Rodrigues 1:54:01PB, Sarah Clark 1:54:52PB(FT), Debbie Agger 1:56:58PB, Tracy Pratt 1:57:12PB, Matt Hunter 1:59:28PB, Colin Apps 1:59:30, Sarah Johnson 2:00:25PB (FT), Arthur Sargeant 2:03:09, Nick Sheehan 2:07:38, Cheryl Lenton 2:15:39, Kim Coultard 2:15:45PB(FT), Zoe Gourley 2:17:44, Louise Drew 2:25:26PB(FT), Alice Ingman 2:25:26PB(FT) and Steve Clarke 2:25:30 PB.
Sandra Rhodes 31:02
Tim Clough 21:41
Preston in Brighton
Tracey Else 24:31
Next week TCRC will be flying the flag in the London Marathon.
If you would like to find out about our free beginners sessions or joining the club please visit the Facebook page or their website www.ThreeCountiesRC.org