ATHLETICS: Double lockdown fun for Three Counties Running Club
- Credit: Archant
It was double the fun for Three Counties Running Club members as they took on two lockdown challenges over the weekend.
Week eight saw members kept physically and mentally active with a running and cycling challenge.
At the start, 28 runners pledged the day and distances they would run, from between one and 13.1 miles, completing 204.53 miles which took them from Leverington to the Lake District.
A total of 31 cyclists then pledged the distance they would cycle, ranging from eight to 80 miles, to complete the 874-mile trek between John O’Groats to Land’s End across the two days.
With members anxious to see if they reached their target, they exceeded it and managed to cover 1,081.19 miles.
You may also want to watch:
Mark Mattless also achieved his weekend aim by crossing the three counties of Cambridgeshire, Norfolk and Lincolnshire while covering over 17 miles.
- 1 Owner's desperate plea - and £500 reward - to find missing dog
- 2 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer
- 3 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
- 4 'Bed-bound, my body felt exasperated' - reporter shares battle with Covid-19
- 5 MP visits hospital about to become centre of Covid-19 vaccine rollout
- 6 County cops issue more than 60 Covid fines since beginning of 2021
- 7 Coroner records Wisbech teenager’s death as suicide
- 8 Overgrown ditch ‘hasn’t been maintained for at least eight years’
- 9 Nitrous oxide canisters no laughing matter say Fenland police
- 10 Dad of two killed on Fen road