ATHLETICS: Double lockdown fun for Three Counties Running Club
- Credit: Archant
It was double the fun for Three Counties Running Club members as they took on two lockdown challenges over the weekend.
Week eight saw members kept physically and mentally active with a running and cycling challenge.
At the start, 28 runners pledged the day and distances they would run, from between one and 13.1 miles, completing 204.53 miles which took them from Leverington to the Lake District.
A total of 31 cyclists then pledged the distance they would cycle, ranging from eight to 80 miles, to complete the 874-mile trek between John O’Groats to Land’s End across the two days.
With members anxious to see if they reached their target, they exceeded it and managed to cover 1,081.19 miles.
You may also want to watch:
Mark Mattless also achieved his weekend aim by crossing the three counties of Cambridgeshire, Norfolk and Lincolnshire while covering over 17 miles.
- 1 Alternative banking available as local branch closes
- 2 Pink Cadillacs, sports cars and a VW Beetle: Students arrive in style for their leavers' prom
- 3 Mother sends warning over 'disgraceful' care of six-year-old daughter
- 4 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in East Cambs and Fenland
- 5 AN APOLOGY: The Gables in Chatteris
- 6 Hospitals temporarily reintroduce restrictions for visitors
- 7 March lorry and cyclist collision: Eye-witness saw ‘boy laid in the road’
- 8 Aquapark boss hits back at threat of enforcement
- 9 Man killed in Estover Road motorbike crash named by police