ATHLETICS: Double lockdown fun for Three Counties Running Club
- Credit: Archant
It was double the fun for Three Counties Running Club members as they took on two lockdown challenges over the weekend.
Week eight saw members kept physically and mentally active with a running and cycling challenge.
At the start, 28 runners pledged the day and distances they would run, from between one and 13.1 miles, completing 204.53 miles which took them from Leverington to the Lake District.
A total of 31 cyclists then pledged the distance they would cycle, ranging from eight to 80 miles, to complete the 874-mile trek between John O’Groats to Land’s End across the two days.
With members anxious to see if they reached their target, they exceeded it and managed to cover 1,081.19 miles.
Mark Mattless also achieved his weekend aim by crossing the three counties of Cambridgeshire, Norfolk and Lincolnshire while covering over 17 miles.
- 1 Family pleased with 'huge reaction' thanks to charity Christmas lights
- 2 Multiple emergency services at scene after B1098 crash
- 3 Man taken to hospital with serious injuries after B1098 crash
- 4 Isabella, 10, impresses to win top prize ahead of Whittlesey Extravaganza
- 5 Leslie transforms his life thanks to remarkable weight loss
- 6 Family escape 'devastating fire' that ripped through home
- 7 Cambridgeshire individual diagnosed with Covid-19 Omicron variant
- 8 Trainspotters catch Duchess of Sutherland whistling through Fens
- 9 Dental practice plan move to business park
- 10 House fire that killed two children will not have further electrical checks