ATHLETICS: Three Counties come, see and conquer at Cambridge half marathon
- Credit: Archant
‘They came, they ran, they conquered’ was the motto inscribed on all medals at the Cambridge Saucony half marathon, and Three Counties Running Club produced a great turnout.
Ten TCRC members competed among a field of 10,000 runners, with eight claiming personal bests on a course starting and finishing at Midsummer Common.
Lee Johnson claimed a PB of 1:25:58, followed by Daniel Barnes in a PB of 1:32:16, Gary Ingrey (1:52:35 PB), Sarah-jane Macdonald (1:53:41), Rickie Trundle (1:56:32 PB), Sarah Johnson (1:57:40 PB), Lucie Broomfield (2:03:05 PB), Sandra Rhodes (2:25:27 PB), David Hammond (2:28:03 PB) and Leanne Taylor (2:43:58).
There were 10 TCRC members taking on the Burghley 7 race.
First home for the club was Andi Woolley in 47th in a PB of 48:25, ahead of Richard Stapleton (53:22), Jonny Clark (53:31), Vicki Newton (55:21), Phil Newton (55:52), Chris Rudd (1:04:36 PB), Tony Lamb (1:12:30 PB), Lisa Woolley (1:16:51 PB), Jodie Clark (1:16:51) and Sarah Lamb (1:16:52 PB).
You may also want to watch:
In the last event of the Shouldham XC series, Kersten Muller finished fourth in age in a great time of 29:15.
Wisbech junior parkrun saw 38 runners, 12 of them TCRC juniors.
- 1 ‘You now have s**t on your face,’ objector to planning scheme told
- 2 Man who died in road crash is named
- 3 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in live Facebook video stream
- 4 Man, 53, found in 'possession of knife' in Queensgate Shopping Centre
- 5 Success after six year battle to get 21 homes approved on factory site
- 6 Reporter shares mid-treatment stages of teeth transformation
- 7 Wright hopes overseas ace's return boosts March Town play-off hopes
- 8 Hundreds go bargain hunting in the sun at first car boot since lockdown
- 9 Here are your winners of the Pride of Whittlesey awards
- 10 Letters: Mayor's tribute, poem for a pigeon and letter release refusal
Jack Williams finished first overall and for the club in 7:48, Maisie Macdonald came fourth and first female with a PB of 8:30, followed by Isaac Western (9:46 PB), Ronnie Watts (10:23), Keira Fines (10:51), Daniel Beitans (11:14), Hayden Hall (11:37), Casey Grange (12:32), Kallum Hall (12:49), Tyler Barnes (12:49), Annika Beitane (12:53) and Molli Western (18:22).
OTHER PARKRUN RESULTS
Mark Mattless 21:14PB 30th/442; Tracey Else 24:44 2nd in age; Jayne Spurrier 27:42; Keira Fines 28:54; Anne-Marie Mattless 29:34.
Melvin Green 30:00.
Victoria May 29:56; Tony Lamb 30:58; Sarah Lamb 32:36; Laura Vincent 33:16; Colin Apps 33:17; Donna Johnson 37:05.