Athletics: Three Counties trio tackle Thetford Trail 10k
- Credit: Archant
Three Counties Running Club had three members in action at the Thetford Trail 10k race on a chilly Sunday morning.
Lee Johnson was seventh out of 357 in a superb time of 40 minutes 56 seconds, just four seconds off his best, and wife Sarah clocked a best of 55.07.
And clubmate Sarah Melton-Whitelam was not far behind in a great time of 57.01.
Hayden Hall was first member home at the latest junior parkrun, in 9.53, as William Durkin (10.16), Issac Western (11.32), Stephanie Harbord (12.06), Kallum Hall (14.12), Rowan Coultard (16.51) and Laurence Durkin (20.37) also ran.
Maisie Macdonald and Molli Western received certificates and wristbands for running 21 events.
This Saturday sees the club’s annual 1k and 5k Santa Run at Wisbech Park, with entries open on the day.
Parkrun results, Boston: Colin Apps 24.07; Joely Apps 41.27.
- 1 Cambridgeshire man stabbed partner in the neck while she held their baby
- 2 March set to light a beacon for Platinum Jubilee
- 3 Drug driver attacked man with metal pole and spat at police
- 4 Pupils tell Ofsted school so good they don't want to leave
- 5 Wembley debut 'a highlight of my career' for footballer Reece
- 6 Change of plan for A142 Mepal bridge works as July closures announced
- 7 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
- 8 Village barn struck by arsonists in 4am blaze
- 9 Long queues at Peterborough passport office ahead of holiday season
- 10 My boss, the Prime Minister, is not a liar, says MP Steve Barclay
Harrogate: Tony Lamb 27.25; Sarah Lamb 31.38.
Kings Lynn: Richard Stapleton 23.09.
March: Mark Mattless 23.57; Melvin Green 31.12; Elliot Green 32.04; Steve Clarke 32.42.
Northampton: Steve Rhodes 22.51; Sandra Rhodes 30.55.
Paris: Tim Clough 20.29; Elisabeth Sennitt-Clough 20.56.