Athletics: Three Counties trio tackle Thetford Trail 10k
- Credit: Archant
Three Counties Running Club had three members in action at the Thetford Trail 10k race on a chilly Sunday morning.
Lee Johnson was seventh out of 357 in a superb time of 40 minutes 56 seconds, just four seconds off his best, and wife Sarah clocked a best of 55.07.
And clubmate Sarah Melton-Whitelam was not far behind in a great time of 57.01.
Hayden Hall was first member home at the latest junior parkrun, in 9.53, as William Durkin (10.16), Issac Western (11.32), Stephanie Harbord (12.06), Kallum Hall (14.12), Rowan Coultard (16.51) and Laurence Durkin (20.37) also ran.
Maisie Macdonald and Molli Western received certificates and wristbands for running 21 events.
You may also want to watch:
This Saturday sees the club’s annual 1k and 5k Santa Run at Wisbech Park, with entries open on the day.
Parkrun results, Boston: Colin Apps 24.07; Joely Apps 41.27.
- 1 Police officer sacked for racially abusing colleague at Christmas party
- 2 Bullying and insider trader claims pile up against former deputy leader
- 3 Historian who wrote 126 books and spent 64 years bellringing dies aged 90
- 4 BBC drama Casualty storyline to feature pelvic mesh implant scandal
- 5 Police hunt homemade go-kart ‘causing anti-social behaviour’
- 6 Trades group hears of alarming rise in shop worker abuse amid Covid
- 7 Fen farm on more than 200 acres of land up for sale for £2.2million
- 8 Rural crime police recover dog in ‘poor state’ while on site check
- 9 Spectators to be 'kept well away' when 85m chimneys come down
- 10 £1.5 million food store creates 12 jobs
Harrogate: Tony Lamb 27.25; Sarah Lamb 31.38.
Kings Lynn: Richard Stapleton 23.09.
March: Mark Mattless 23.57; Melvin Green 31.12; Elliot Green 32.04; Steve Clarke 32.42.
Northampton: Steve Rhodes 22.51; Sandra Rhodes 30.55.
Paris: Tim Clough 20.29; Elisabeth Sennitt-Clough 20.56.