Athletics: Three Counties trio tackle Thetford Trail 10k
- Credit: Archant
Three Counties Running Club had three members in action at the Thetford Trail 10k race on a chilly Sunday morning.
Lee Johnson was seventh out of 357 in a superb time of 40 minutes 56 seconds, just four seconds off his best, and wife Sarah clocked a best of 55.07.
And clubmate Sarah Melton-Whitelam was not far behind in a great time of 57.01.
Hayden Hall was first member home at the latest junior parkrun, in 9.53, as William Durkin (10.16), Issac Western (11.32), Stephanie Harbord (12.06), Kallum Hall (14.12), Rowan Coultard (16.51) and Laurence Durkin (20.37) also ran.
Maisie Macdonald and Molli Western received certificates and wristbands for running 21 events.
You may also want to watch:
This Saturday sees the club’s annual 1k and 5k Santa Run at Wisbech Park, with entries open on the day.
Parkrun results, Boston: Colin Apps 24.07; Joely Apps 41.27.
- 1 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer
- 2 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
- 3 Neighbours want council to call time on off-licence
- 4 Man who spent Christmas alone in intensive care proposes to girlfriend
- 5 Fishing park owners await green light to open third lake
- 6 Nitrous oxide canisters no laughing matter say Fenland police
- 7 County cops issue more than 60 Covid fines since beginning of 2021
- 8 MP visits hospital about to become centre of Covid-19 vaccine rollout
- 9 Ever get that sinking feeling?
- 10 Owner's desperate plea - and £500 reward - to find missing dog
Harrogate: Tony Lamb 27.25; Sarah Lamb 31.38.
Kings Lynn: Richard Stapleton 23.09.
March: Mark Mattless 23.57; Melvin Green 31.12; Elliot Green 32.04; Steve Clarke 32.42.
Northampton: Steve Rhodes 22.51; Sandra Rhodes 30.55.
Paris: Tim Clough 20.29; Elisabeth Sennitt-Clough 20.56.