Runners take to London for 'landmark' half-marathon
- Credit: Sarah-Jane Macdonald
A trip to the capital was the order of the day for Three Counties runners as they reflected upon landmark moments of the past two years.
With Covid, this year's London Landmarks half-marathon event was re-themed to commemorate and reflect upon the moments of 2020 and 2021, as well as the actions of key workers.
A mile of the route was dedicated to running in memory of a loved one who passed away during the pandemic.
Some of the members also ran to help raise money for charities.
Rod Sinnott, Lee Johnson, Sarah Johnson, Sarah Melton-Whitelam, Steve Whitelam, Lorraine Parker and Gary Ingrey ran for the Pituitary Foundation.
Ewa Szczygielska was running for the National Austistic Society and Steve Clarke for the British Heart Foundation. Other members running were Sarah and Tony Lamb and Donna Johnson.
First TCRC runner home was Lee in 1:32:26, followed by Rod (1:33:43), Sarah Johnson (2:02:45), Gary (2:03:43), Lorraine (2:09:56 PB), Tony (2:15:34), Donna (2:15:42 PB), Steve Whitelam (2:17:31), Sarah Melton-Whitelam (2:19:54 PB), Sarah Lamb (2:38:08), Steve Clarke (2:55:09) and Ewa (2:59:44 PB).
- 1 Both drivers seriously injured after head on crash
- 2 Honda, Seat and Toyota crash on A141
- 3 Chapel conversion withdrawn following stinging rebuke
- 4 Two women fighting for life after A141 crash
- 5 Developer going flat out to convert former post office
- 6 Doddington Minor Injuries Unit to temporarily close
- 7 Dealer responsible for £500k worth of drugs caught
- 8 Top roles confirmed at council owned housing firm
- 9 Village farm buildings targeted in arson attack
- 10 Man charged with attempted murder as stab victim is found
Jacqueline McGonigle took part in the Felle 10k in Belfast and finished in a time of 1:19:21.
There was 31 runners at Wisbech junior parkrun on Sunday with first TCRC junior home Keira Fines in 10:13, Isaac Western crossed in 14:22 and Clay Fines in a personal best of 14:28.
OTHER PARKRUN RESULTS
Matt Hunter 24:24; Aaron Petss 24:55; Sarah Johnson 25:17; Lorraine Parker 27:02; Steve Whitelam 27:51; Tony Lamb 28:08; Laura Vincent 31:06 and Sarah Lamb 31:38.
Steve Rhodes 28:28 and Sandra Rhodes 34:27
Melvin Green 29:30.
Rickie Trundle 21:17.
Diane Tyler 32:41.
Colin Apps 34:22 and Joely Apps 36:22.