Ambitious runner covers gruelling duathlon in latest lockdown test
- Credit: Sarah-jane Macdonald
A running club member who wanted something different to focus on during lockdown decided to complete 55 kilometres in over two hours.
Kersten Müller of Three Counties Running Club set himself the challenge of a 10k run, followed by a 40k cycle ride and a 5k run as part of ‘the Winter 21 Duathlon’.
Despite knowing where to improve, Kersten achieved the feat in an impressive time of 2:25:21.
Meanwhile, TCRC member Mandy Doggett ran 56 miles in 11 days this month to raise £100 for Cancer Research UK as Sarah-jane Macdonald completed the virtual Edinburgh Half Marathon.
Usually, the course starts in the grounds of the city’s university before going through the city centre, past the Scottish Parliament building and onto Musselburgh.
You may also want to watch:
The event is perhaps one of the fastest half-marathons in the world with a descent of almost 90 metres to near sea level.
However, Sarah-jane took in the sights and sounds from Wisbech to West Walton, covering the 13.1 mile route in 1:57:45.
- 1 Council told in 2019 Chatteris factory would close
- 2 Hickford quits Manor Farm on eve of damning report
- 3 Paedophile exposed himself to mum near school
- 4 Cricketers bid farewell to treasurer after decades of service
- 5 300 jobs lost: Alan Bartlett & Sons to close Chatteris factory
- 6 Group of children prank call police following ‘several hoax calls’
- 7 Care home out of special measures
- 8 Community fridge to open in town for first time
- 9 Pride of Whittlesey finalists to be revealed
- 10 Motorcyclist hospitalised after collision with car